Titanium Backup to SD does not work

hsedidin

Nov 14, 2010
I purchased the full version.

I configured the app to backup to my SD card but it keeps backing up to my internal storage. I am getting out of space warnings.

Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Are you sure you are not getting out of space warnings because of too many installed apps as my backups go to internal sdcard not installed storage space.
I don't think a titanium backup would fit in app storage area.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

jjnagy

Dec 2, 2010
To backup apps to sdcard requires android 2.2 or special programs and formating of the sdcard to work. That is why many of us need the android 2.2 update! I have also paid for titanium backup and found the same issue.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

Johnboyjr

Dec 28, 2010
Was there a disclaimer about this issue when purchasing?
its called backup not titanium install to sd
But if there is a app u don't use every day you can back it up uninstall then just reinstall from the back up(should only take a few sec)

jjnagy

Dec 2, 2010
its called backup not titanium install to sd
But if there is a app u don't use every day you can back it up uninstall then just reinstall from the back up(should only take a few sec)

That's the way I use it. It is one of the best apps I have purchased!

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
titanium backup should back up apps to the sdcard no problem but if you are talking forcing apps to run off the sdcard with titanium backup then that is a different story. But if you just want to back up your apps and titanium back up isnt working then try app manager by amazing droid it works great and does even require root

Jao36

Dec 30, 2010
I have the free version and got it to save to sdcard with this path ../sdcard2/TitaniumBackup
Hope this helps.

Johnboyjr

Dec 28, 2010
You can also use titanium to get free Apps from the market but I am not giving the steps to do that

hsedidin

Nov 14, 2010
titanium backup should back up apps to the sdcard no problem but if you are talking forcing apps to run off the sdcard with titanium backup then that is a different story. But if you just want to back up your apps and titanium back up isnt working then try app manager by amazing droid it works great and does even require root

I just want to backup to my SD card only. Not to the internal storage.

hsedidin

Nov 14, 2010
I have the free version and got it to save to sdcard with this path ../sdcard2/TitaniumBackup
Hope this helps.

I tried setting the above path. Overview shows:

External Storage: /sdcard
Backup Directory: not availalble

hsedidin

Nov 14, 2010
I installed app manager by amazing droid but I get a "has stopped unexpectedly" error when running it.
Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Howard

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Just throwing this out as a wild guess, but did you create the TitaniumBackup directory on the ext SD card prior to attempting to set the path? Also, have you tried a different SD card just to eliminate the possibility of a bad card or micro slot?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Tablet Forum App