Took the plunge on an Excite 10 16GB!

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Decided to give the Excite 10 16GB a go and put in an order for one this morning! :D
I'll be posting my observations when it arrives.

I'm currently running an Acer A500, so that is what my comparisons are going to be based on.
See you when it gets here!

nnjwy

May 27, 2012
Decided to give the Excite 10 16GB a go and put in an order for one this morning! :D
I'll be posting my observations when it arrives.

I'm currently running an Acer A500, so that is what my comparisons are going to be based on.
See you when it gets here!

you won't be disappointed it is a great tablet. very sturdy lightweight, only one thing missing no root access, but i'm sure theses dev's experts will find a way to root in time, other than thast i love mine
on to the a 500 my iconia had the power button come right off the motherboard it fell inside the unit itself i would definetly think twice about any acer products again, just my opinion

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I found that for my purposes I don't really need root access, but if it comes around I'll consider it.

My A500 has held up OK, but the "sleep of death" ICS bug is becoming a PITA to deal with on a daily basis.

Thanks for the input! Hopefully it will arrive by the end of the week.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
So how did you end up liking the Toshiba? I played with one today and it felt VERY nice.

Build quality seemed excellent - I was very tempted to buy one.

Last edited:

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Oddly enough I considered returning it because of the backlight bleed, but after looking at a couple of other tablets I decided to keep it and I'm very happy with it.

The performance is outstanding, making it a great gaming platform as well.
All the Tegra 3 stuff runs perfectly without even warming the thing up very much, possibly due to the aluminum back acting as a heat sink.

Battery life is slightly more than my old Iconia A500, so no complaints there either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2