Toshiba: You are pushing away potential buyers for your future products!

mekler22

Oct 8, 2012
[h=2]By not allowing us to root our new tablet, you are pushing away potential future buyers, as anyone who currently was stupid enough to go and buy your tablet and find out it's locked against rooting, will think long and hard before making that mistake again!
Look at companies like Asus, and Samsung - market leaders - they allow the masses to root their tablets, while warning them against possible warranty loss, thus creating a cohesive loyal community around their products! My phone is a samsung phone, and I flashed it countless times. One of those times, I even took it to a service station where they flashed it for me, free of charge to stock ROM. That's good service! And if they didn't, I still be okay with it, since I understand the risks taken with rooting.

Why don't you stop playing the overly responsible adult, and let people go free with their new tablet? It will only bring you more loyal buyers!

Please free the bootloader!

Thank you.

www.eyalo.com[/h]

mekler22

Oct 8, 2012
Somehow, this thread mysteriously dissappeared from Toshiba's excite forums, after gaining some of the biggest support this forum ever seen.
As a reminder: I just wanted to bring to Toshiba's attention the fact that the buyers of this tablet would very much like their tablet to allow rooting. Even at the cost of warranty voidance. Treat us as the grown up people that we are and don't make the decision for us by locking the bootloader.

Toshiba: Is this your answer to our plead? removing the entire thread??

That doesn't seem like a very nice thing to do - shutting out the voices of your customers..

I hope this thread will show and stay.