Touch Screen Issue - Did I "Cook" It?

Sunbound

Nov 25, 2011
Sunday I left my Memopad 7 in the car for about 8 hours. On the floor, with the cover on it.

It was working fine before this, and the touch-screen has been hit or miss since then.

To unlock it, I have to do my pattern slowly and deliberately... sometimes taking two or three times to unlock it.
Once in, I cant get the pull-down menu to work at all, and some parts of the screen seem unresponsive and dead. A buddy of mine said i cooked it.

it might have gotten about 90 degrees in the car, but cant imagine it getting that much warmer.

It works the same way, plugged in or not. Ive tried rebooting it, both with the micro-SD card in and out... nothing seems to matter, it acts the same.

I looked at the screen and cont see any physical damage.

Any suggestions?

Sunbound

Nov 25, 2011
it does pretty much what is shown here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunbound

Nov 25, 2011
Now I've done it.... tried to open it up and cracked the screen...

I turned on developer options and had it show where i was touching, and when drawing a diagonal, it would stair-step. I also found that it would not do to the top or the bottom of the screen... so i cannot multi-task or work the pull-down screen.

Sunbound

Nov 25, 2011
I got it open, re-seated the the digitizer ribbon cables and most of the screen works now... the stair-stepping is gone now, as well as needing to slowly and deliberately touch the unlock dots. I have dead zones near the middle of the screen, and the very bottom of the screen. the touch just does not register at the soft buttons, so i cant multitask.