Touch Screen Issues?

tigersgt

Dec 9, 2010
My Market search button area in the upper right (in other apps as well) is not responsive in both portrait and landscape mode. It's obviously not a hardware issue. I have tired to calibrate the screen but the problem still exists.

Any one know the cause/solution to this?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
My Market search button area in the upper right (in other apps as well) is not responsive in both portrait and landscape mode. It's obviously not a hardware issue. I have tired to calibrate the screen but the problem still exists.

If it happens in that area regardless of which app you have open then it sounds like a hardware issue. Your digitizer/touch pad may be faulty.

thel8elvis

Dec 29, 2010

This appears to be a common issue. Screen calibration shows good sensitivity, so the issue likely resides somewhere in software, and may be fixed via custom rom, BN update or something else in the future. You can try changing the pixel density, some people report that helps : Change screen density (icon/text sizes) - xda-developers

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I have exactly the same issue, and learned to touch that icon just a little more mindfully, which usually works. However, the likely cause is that none of the apps we are using (I mean those loaded by rooting) were designed for a tablet. So it wouldn't surprise me if there were some minor calibration issues when a phone-sized display is expanded to Nook-size. ;)

-Matt

thel8elvis

Dec 29, 2010
. However, the likely cause is that none of the apps we are using (I mean those loaded by rooting) were designed for a tablet. So it wouldn't surprise me if there were some minor calibration issues when a phone-sized display is expanded to Nook-size. ;)
-Matt

Maybe - but isn't the NC using the droidx market app, and doesn't the droidx have the same native resolution (854x480) ? I know NC scales -> 1024x600 - but I would think that would make presses wonky all over the place instead of just the corners/edges if that were the case.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
when I do the first message for calibration the adb w.e it doesn't respond, any ideas?

Are you mounted?

-Plug up to your pc
-unlock screen on NC (will see usb mode)
-make your way to your android-sdk-windows folder
-mount NC to abd: in command prompt type adb.exe kill-sever
-next type adb.exe remount (should see remount failed)
-now start touch screen configuration commands.

InstallapktoNookColor-1.jpg

tigersgt

Dec 9, 2010
I have exactly the same issue, and learned to touch that icon just a little more mindfully, which usually works. However, the likely cause is that none of the apps we are using (I mean those loaded by rooting) were designed for a tablet. So it wouldn't surprise me if there were some minor calibration issues when a phone-sized display is expanded to Nook-size. ;)

-Matt

Ah...that makes sense. I was still wondering if that is a hardware issue and should I exchange it. I think I will stick with it now.

jappetta99

Jan 13, 2011
I was going out of my mind the last few days until I tried the ADB recalibration this morning. Now the NC is working perfectly fine again and fairly precise touch detection.

As a few others have stated that expanding phone apps to tablet size and being rooted could cause some instability, I am inclined to believe that rather than a hardware issue after the calibration brought the NC back to better touch response than it had out of the box.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I was going out of my mind the last few days until I tried the ADB recalibration this morning. Now the NC is working perfectly fine again and fairly precise touch detection.

As a few others have stated that expanding phone apps to tablet size and being rooted could cause some instability, I am inclined to believe that rather than a hardware issue after the calibration brought the NC back to better touch response than it had out of the box.
OK, well that was probably the little push I needed! I'm recalibrating today.

OH hey WELCOME to the forum!!! :) Hope you'll find it useful.

RE: touchscreen, my third device is working OK but it is all but unusable while charging. Was that the case with yours, or were you having general accuracy issues?

-Matt

jappetta99

Jan 13, 2011
Thanks for the welcome, I have used this site for all my NC info since I bought it a few days ago.

They device was ok the first night, then started having insane moisture/fingerprint issues and phantom touches. Also, it was really hard to press the search button in the market or anything else along the edges. After the calibration though, it seems to be much more precise and stable. I haven't really used it while charging as the battery life has been great and I only charge at night. I'll play with it plugged in to give an accurate response at some point.