Touch screen problem

zanbandia

Feb 29, 2012
Hello, I have a pretty confusing problem. I had put my tablet into sleep mode when I realized I left a tab open I didn't want. So I hit the power button to wake it back up and now the screen is flipped. When I touch it it works fine, but all the graphics are backwards and on the opposite of the screen. Anyone know what I can do to make it go back? I tried resetting it but that doesn't do anything. Please I need help.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
There is a switch on the top of the screen, next to the volume.

If red is showing around that switch, auto rotation is locked OFF. Slide the switch so red is not showing
then the image should auto-rotate so that the screen will properly align with what ever edge is down.

(I'm just guessing here, because your description of "backwards and on the opposite side of the screen"
is referentialy opaque. )

Last edited:

zanbandia

Feb 29, 2012
That was the first thing I tried to see if it would fix it. Didn't do anything. What I mean by backwards and on the opposite side is that it is literally backwards. Acer appears backwards when I turn it on. It's a mirror image. The worlds are flipped, the images are flipped. Did a factory reset that didn't work, so now I'm shipping it off to the company. It's still under warranty so I suppose Acer will have a go at it, but they seemed just as stumped.

Who knows, maybe I'll get a new one? I only had it for four months.

JesusLives

Jan 2, 2014
I have a visual land 7 and its doing the same thing its like all the touch spots are where they used to be, but the screen is flipped not upside down but literally mirror image

davidv

Jan 28, 2014
I have a visual land 7 and its doing the same thing its like all the touch spots are where they used to be, but the screen is flipped not upside down but literally mirror image

I have a Visual Land Prestige Pro 7D doing the exact same thing: Mirror image. Full rest, no change. Is this a hardware issue?

benroveno

Mar 28, 2014
I'm honestly interested to be getting this tablet because i heard it has great battery life and it is a 10-inch tablet, which is ideal for me for watching videos, playing games, etc. But does the touch response problem still exist? I want more feedback. I'm still confused to pick between this tablet or 7-inch HP Slate 7 Extreme. Hp's tablet is too small but it's really powerful. But i also want much bigger screen on tablet.