Touchscreen Unresponsive

Woody619

Mar 22, 2011
I have the S7-104. It still has the stock rom on it, but it is rooted. I was playing around with ROM Manager. Particularly, I was looking for a ROM for the tablet and may have flashed a clockwork recovery.

My tablet worked fine for the rest of the evening. When I came home from yesterday, I tried to flick the home screen open and it wouldn't do it. I could get into the home screen by hitting the home button. My touchscreen was unresponsive to everything I was doing.

I thought at first that it was ROM Manager, so I uninstalled it using the trackpad. That did not fix the problem. I decided to unmount my internal SD (No longer have external due to a boot loop issue a2sd was causing) and do a reset. This still did not fix the issue.

My last solution seemed to be to try to do a hard factory reset by holding the "Menu" Key, "Call" Key, and "Power" key, but it hangs up on the "Huawei S7" screen without going to the boot screen.

Is there a solution to this problem? Is there somewhere I could get the original firmware and reload it?

Thanks for any help!

kosenn

Oct 6, 2011
Did you install a third party launcher? If you did you will have to download and reinstall the rom for your model(can be found in this forum). This will restore your tablet to factory condition.

Woody619

Mar 22, 2011
Thanks for the link, but how do I flash it? I have read the tutorial, but I am lacking a touchscreen.

I do not have an External SD Card. I can not download it in the tablet because the keyboard does not with the trackpad. Also, I can not select USB Mass Storage because of the touchscreen issue.

Thanks for the help!

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Here other way to flash an original update format ussing original huawei upgrade software :Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!. Details inside of archive.
Here details upgrading sd card:
You need a micro sd card.
Once you get an sd card put inside the dload folder that had the updata.app and unlmt.cfg file. Turn of your tablet insert your sdcard then turn on the tablet. After upgrade compleated remove batery sdcard put back batery and hit power.

Woody619

Mar 22, 2011
I got good news and bad news. Good news I can install the new firmware. Bad news, it flashes back to the original firmware.

I have followed the steps exactly as stated in this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...d-2-2-2-dual-camera-s7-s7v100r001c98b021.html

The settings show that 2.2.1 is installed, but the touchscreen does not work.

The troubleshooting tips in the linked thread, I made sure I made the folder in Windows, but I can't format the SD card in windows (no SD slot). I'm not sure what is going on here.

Thanks for all the help though.

Woody619

Mar 22, 2011
Just to follow-up one more time, I have bought a MicroSD card. I formatted it to FAT32 and followed the exact steps in the above link.

It still does not work. It will occasionally "work", but it is not responding correctly to the touch.

I am thinking maybe a cable may be loose to the screen, but if anyone knows anything programmatically, I would be much obliged.

Thanks for the help!

kosenn

Oct 6, 2011
After the install is finished it will show Ok on the screen. At that time remove the memory card and then push the power button to reboot. The screen will show what is updating. Make sure you don't touch the screen while it is updating.

Woody619

Mar 22, 2011
This is what happens. I downloaded the one goodoane provided, as well as the one contained in the above link (Indonesian). With both installs, this is what happens:

I get the OK screen. (I have done it twice as it says in the Indonesian thread)
I take out the SD card and power off.
I power on.
I get the IDEOS (with a red "E") screen.
It stays there for roughly 30 seconds. It shows the IDEOS again, this time it stays on for 15 seconds.
It shows IDEOS one more time, this time it is loading.
It brings up the home screen and said configuration successfully upgraded.
It moves to the touch calibration screen (it still says configuration successfully upgraded in green).
The tablet then shuts itself down.
It restarts with the same start up as previously listed.
This time the lock screen is shown and you can not flick up.
I use the menu key and get to the touchscreen calibration setup.
It will not respond to my touch.

Occasionally, the touchscreen will respond to some movement, but doesn't complete the movement (such as swipes between screens) and I get a stuck screen that shows the last half of the first screen and the first half of the second screen.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.

I have formatted the SD with windows and made it FAT32. The folder was also named with windows.