Transfer Google Play Books From RCA Tablet To External SD Card

TechNewbie

Jan 13, 2014
Ps-Can anyone tell me where they're located on the tablet? I can read them offline but can't find them via explorers. Thank you for your help.

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
The Google Play Books app automatically stores books in the location with the most free space, whether that's your device or your SD card, as of when the app was first launched. If you've upgraded your app, your books will continue to be stored in the same location they were before the upgrade.

TechNewbie

Jan 13, 2014
The Google Play Books app automatically stores books in the location with the most free space, whether that's your device or your SD card, as of when the app was first launched. If you've upgraded your app, your books will continue to be stored in the same location they were before the upgrade.

Thank you for responding-One of the problems I think is, I put the External SD card in after I purchased the book. I can't find the location of the book on the internal SD card or hard drive so that I can transfer it to my external card. When i use any of the explorers it will show the google book app but no files or data. Its quite possible i just dont know where to look-I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank You.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Those books are typically stored in "system" space, with the app. Which means you can't see them, unless you are rooted.

TechNewbie

Jan 13, 2014
Those books are typically stored in "system" space, with the app. Which means you can't see them, unless you are rooted.

Thank you. I read about that-but everything I read about rooting says not to root it unless you know what you're doing-and I don't really so, I didn't want to mess with it-What do u think? Is it that complicated?