Transferring IE Favorites from HP Pavilion laptop to Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

RobinHood505

Dec 29, 2012
I am very new to the Android world and to tablets in general so please be patient with my general ignorance of the hardware and software. I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with 32GB (I think) which is due to arrive Wednesday, January 2.

It is my understanding that I will be able to use this device to surf the Web (among many other things). As most of you are aware, Microsoft's IE maintains a Favorites folder where it stores Web Site names and URL's in a folder heirarchy system created and maintained by the user. Is it possible to copy my Favorite's folder on my HP laptop to my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and use it the same way I use it on my Windows 7 laptop?

Also, if any of you can recommend accessories which are commonly purchased with the Galaxy Note 10.1, that would be appreciated.

And, in reference to posting to this forum, what are Trackbacks, tags, and a poll? How are they used and what are the advantages? I'm also kinda new to the use of forums. :confused:

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Let me answer the primary question. You can install Google Chrome on the laptop, import the IE favorites and sync Chrome with the tablet. I do that but I also export the favorites to an HTML file and have it on my home screen which allows a little more flexibility regarding which of several browsers I use will open a link.