Transformer TF101 ICS delayed until October

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Looks like we will have to wait a bit longer for the promised ICS upgrade. Asus gave a vague timeframe, according to Engadget, of between now and March. Guess there are some problems, which isn't really that suprising given reported difficulties on tablets that have already recieved the upgrade. Funny, because just today I read a rumour that Google may have 5.0 Jelly Bean ready for release as early as this summer (?).

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Maybe its me, but I have had better experience on every other version. And yes, I experienced all the versions from 1.5 to 3.2.1 on various devices.
1.5 -Ugh
1.6-OK,
2.1-mmmm-maybe
2.2-Not so bad and does needed things
2.3-Bleah
3.x-Yeah, baby
4.0-Well wait a minute
Who knows Jelly bean/5.0 will be the things 4.0 did not deliver

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I have as well, my Archos 5IT came with 1.5 and it was barely functional, but 1.6 was a huge improvement. 2.1 on my S7 was functional after rooting and a little work but is vastly improved with 2.2 .
I'm perfectly happy with my Transformer and Galaxy Tab 7 Plus on 3.2, and sure wouldn't want to suddenly find myself having troubles because of an "upgrade".

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Tablet Forum

rigeek

Feb 20, 2012
Hi,

Maybe it's just my OCD, but your post mentioned October as a release date in the title, and the body menions the same info read elsewhere about Feb/March.

Do you have divination we don't know about, or are you into time travel?