Trouble connecting to the internet with my new Hipstreet flare

ericmMondor

Nov 12, 2012
Hello I have recently purchased 2 Hipstreet Flare HS-9DTB4-8GB tablets for my children.
During the initial set up I followed all instructions given in the instructional video.
I am having problems connecting the internet. I have a laptop and a android smart phone all of them I had no trouble connecting.
The tablet cant obtain our IP address.

Is there a method of imputing the IP address manually?

Any help will be welcomed as the tablets are to be x-mas gifts.

Eric

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hello I have recently purchased 2 Hipstreet Flare HS-9DTB4-8GB tablets for my children.
During the initial set up I followed all instructions given in the instructional video.
I am having problems connecting the internet. I have a laptop and a android smart phone all of them I had no trouble connecting.
The tablet cant obtain our IP address.

Is there a method of imputing the IP address manually?

Any help will be welcomed as the tablets are to be x-mas gifts.

Eric

Hi Eric, welcome to the forum

Yes there is. Long press the connection then go to modify and advanced. You will need both the IP and DNS information. I have connection tips in a link in my signature.

calb2525

Dec 28, 2012
I have 2 Hipstreet Tablets as well and both of them are not able to connect to the router at the same time. For some reason the router is assigning the same IP address to both tablets. I have tried to connect to 2 other routers with no change, different ip's but both tablets were using identical ip. What can I do to get them to use different IP address. I tried using a static IP with no luck.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have 2 Hipstreet Tablets as well and both of them are not able to connect to the router at the same time. For some reason the router is assigning the same IP address to both tablets. I have tried to connect to 2 other routers with no change, different ip's but both tablets were using identical ip. What can I do to get them to use different IP address. I tried using a static IP with no luck.

That's pretty strange. Fixed IP is what I would have suggested to solve the problem. Did you also input DNS information?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I looked and it has the same DNS settings as the router has.

I think you much be having an issue with your router. Could be that it isn't doing DHCP correctly or possibly something else. My next step would be to try a router reset to factory defaults to see if the problem gets solved.

Did I understand that you tried a different router in a different location with the same results?

calb2525

Dec 28, 2012
I did try 3 routers with the same outcome. I also reset the router. I installed a wifi fixer app on both tablets. When 1 tablet is on it works fine but when the 2nd tablet is turned on it kicks the other tablet of the network. It also says Four_Way_Handshake.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I would try going back to having the tablet assign its own IP using DHCP on the router but to be honest I'm out of options.