Trouble scrolling within window

splash

Dec 23, 2011
Hey all,

I can scroll through websites without any problem, but if I need to scroll within a window, I simply can't do it. It stays fixed with only a portion of my text showing, and the rest of the site moving with my fingers. It's driving me crazy- I got this thing for work, and I can't access what I need.

I've tried viewing the page as a website and as a tablet, multitouch and single fingers. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
The problem occurs mostly when you have an Adobe Flash window taking up most of the screen. The scrolling touch is passed to the application (flash) and the page as a whole does not scroll.

You can often get around this by scrolling right at the edge of the screen (left or right).

One of the worst offenders is this very website, posting in this very forum. If you select the simple posting option it works ok, but is still tricky at times.

Sometimes a different browser helps.

UberSprite

Dec 17, 2013
Hey all,

I can scroll through websites without any problem, but if I need to scroll within a window, I simply can't do it. It stays fixed with only a portion of my text showing, and the rest of the site moving with my fingers. It's driving me crazy- I got this thing for work, and I can't access what I need.

I've tried viewing the page as a website and as a tablet, multitouch and single fingers. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

I recently ran into the same problem. I was looking at a standard html page which contains a flash window. Through the flash window is a very large, interactive diagram. In order to see and interact with the entire diagram, you need to scroll just the flash portion of the webpage. Of course, using just my fingers on my android interface, the entire web page would scroll, not the flash portion.
After some experimentation, I think I found the way to scroll just the flash portion. Touch and hold a point on the flash diagram for a couple seconds. Then lift your finger and touch a different point of the flash. The diagram moves the distance and direction from the first point to the second point.