Trouble with Apps

zimzar

Dec 11, 2013
Hi, I'm using a coby kyros 7048 and I am wondering if anyone can tell me why most games disconnect after a few minutes even when I'm on a strong connection and even right beside the wireless router. It happens on any online game I've tried. A few examples are Avabel Online, Pocket Legends, Star Lengends, and Blowtorch. Any insight offered would be much appreciated, thanks in advance. -Zimzar

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I have some WiFi connection suggestions you can find by following the link below. I feel the probnlem is probably a router with some garbage in it or the type of security you're using. You can start by powering off the router for 30 seconds then restart the tablet after the router has re-established a connection.

zimzar

Dec 11, 2013
While waiting for a response, I tried simply resetting the router, changing to WEP 64-bit, and lastly I set security to open. I checked that link and read that wep is not good for androids anyway. I have changed the router back to wpa2-psk(original setting). Nothing has worked so far. The browser, netflix, etc works fine but the games still drop connection every few minutes. I'll try to reset the router for full 30 seconds and read that link some more while I wait for your reply.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You may want to check for a firmware update in the router. You're running out of options and have tried most everything so a new router would be nice for the holidays. ;)

zimzar

Dec 11, 2013
I'm at my grandfathers house - he bought this new cheap belkin router thanks to advice from me about his old broken one. This problem happens at my own home too..and I've already updated the firmware to his router while trying to resolve this issue.. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it may be the tablet I'm using.. Anyway I tried to shutdown the router for 30+ seconds and it's still not fixed. If I ever get it resolved I'll post here. Thanks for trying to help.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Oh my, doesn't sound good. It may in fact be the tablet. Are you prepared to try a factory reset to see if it helps?

zimzar

Dec 11, 2013
heh, before I tried any of these steps, I had rooted it, so I unrooted - factory reset - and still didn't help so now it's rooted again. I figured it may be the games themselves but I couldn't find anything about this issue with blowtorch or avabel...I'll try again when I get home and if anything helps like I said I'll be sure to post it here, thanks again guys! :)