[TUT] How to Install Gapps on Craig CMP741E

silverkx2000

Jan 7, 2013
OFFICIAL GUIDE ON HOW TO INSTALL Gapps on "CMP741E"

I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR TABLET, THIS TABLET IS VERY UNSTABLE
Some users will want Gapps in order to get rid of Mobile1 and the Amazon market, this tutorial will take you step by step on how to do so.
Gapps, otherwise known as google apps. Will provide you with the Play Store, Maps, Contacts, Gmail, Etc.

Let's Begin.

• First, Make sure your 741E is rooted, I am finding that a lot of 741Es are coming pre-unlocked.
To check this, download superuser from the 1mobile market and install it. This should tell you if you are rooted.

• Now, Download the following files....
Code:
Clockwork:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8kvw30j3llzcabw
Gapps:
http://www.mediafire.com/?51tyzda1u82srox

and move them to the SD card of your tablet..
Note: Make sure you extract Clockwork recovery and leave Gapps in the ZIP folder

• Next, We're going to install Clockwork mod. Clockwork is needed in order to install the Gapps zip file.
To Do this, we're going to need to install a "Terminal Emulator" any which one is fine, go find one off Mobile1 Market and install it.
After you've installed terminal emulator, open it and type the following...(note: text may be very small)

Code:
$ su 
# cd /mnt/sdcard 
# sh install-recovery.sh 
# sh reboot-recovery.sh

After this you will be booted into Clockwork Recovery, The Volume up and down buttons are "Up and Down" and the power button is "Select"

• Select install Zip, and install Zip from SD card. Choose Gapps and follow the on screen directions, please note you use have to use the volume buttons still.

After that, your system will reboot and you will have Gapps! Now go get rid of that stupid 1mobile and Amazon market bulls***

power5

Jan 4, 2013
How do I know if I am rooted with superuser? I installed it and opened the app. But nothing really happens. I get a screen with "No Apps in list" and "No Log Information" boxes. Am I rooted?

vze326ff1

Jan 12, 2013
My cmp741e was already rooted, I downloaded supersu from 1mobile market and opened and installed. Then I installed es explorer and went into sets to the root tab. Check all the boxes in that tab(if your rooted supersu will ask for permission, grant it permission) then google, google play download and install on your tablet (make sure you know where you downloaded it!)If you open the app it will not work. In es eplorer where you downloaded the google play app. Hold down until the tab comes up and select copy. Back out until you back out of your sdcard(if you hit back again es eplorer will say select back again to exit) select system file, then app file and paste the google play app there. Now exit out es eplorer and go to your apps and open google play. Now google play sould work.
I also tweaked my processor to 528mhz and 1.15 gbs. The lag is gone.

Last edited:

wfg97079

Jan 14, 2013
Mine was pre-rooted too and this worked great. Any browser recommendation since it seems Chrome is not an option.
My cmp741e was already rooted, I downloaded supersu from 1mobile market and opened and installed. Then I installed es explorer and went into sets to the root tab. Check all the boxes in that tab(if your rooted supersu will ask for permission, grant it permission) then google, google play download and install on your tablet (make sure you know where you downloaded it!)If you open the app it will not work. In es eplorer where you downloaded the google play app. Hold down until the tab comes up and select copy. Back out until you back out of your sdcard(if you hit back again es eplorer will say select back again to exit) select system file, then app file and paste the google play app there. Now exit out es eplorer and go to your apps and open google play. Now google play sould work.

power5

Jan 4, 2013

I will assume if I do not have the sets to root tab that mine is not prerooted. I open SU and go to the "i" icon at the top. Shows me version 3.1.3 not elite and then some su binary vlegacy: "-rwsr-sr-xroot root/system/xbin/su"

What does this mean?

AWDGuy

Jan 14, 2013
Is this recovery accessible at boot with any button combinations? That would be great. I have not found one that is yet for this tablet.

SofaKingCool

Jan 22, 2013
It worked perfect first time
Thanx alot

@rlrobles5 save the gapps file to the root of SD card
along with the cwm_recovery, follow above steps with terminal emulator
after phone boots into recovery choose flash zip from SD card
choose internal SDcard if u dont have external one
scrool down to gapps package, install, follow instructions and.....
ur done son!

Last edited:

newbee165

Feb 2, 2013
First time tablet user so I'm new at this. My tablet is not rebooting when I key in the last command line and hit enter. I get a "done" message when I enter the "sh install-recovery.sh" command line but it just goes right to the # prompt when I enter "sh reboot-recovery.sh". Any ideas on what I might try?
thanks in advance