Twitter Tablet-Optimized Version Available

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Thankfully, after numerous complaints by Android Tweeters, the company has responded, with the new Galaxy Note 10.1 demoed at IFA 2013, containing a tablet-optimized version of the app.
The folks at AndroidNext.de were amongst those who spotted it, and have shared the apk with anyone who wants to get their hands on it. Visit their website for the link and the instructions (in German).

jonling

Apr 3, 2012
Is the app in German or is it multi-lingual?

Thanks!

Thankfully, after numerous complaints by Android Tweeters, the company has responded, with the new Galaxy Note 10.1 demoed at IFA 2013, containing a tablet-optimized version of the app.
The folks at AndroidNext.de were amongst those who spotted it, and have shared the apk with anyone who wants to get their hands on it. Visit their website for the link and the instructions (in German).

edap

Dec 12, 2012
While the APK is available for installation, the installer package is tricky to get working. It's in German, with an English translation option available. If you can get it to work, the app probably won’t run all that great. But, it’s a great sign of what’s to come, and hopefully, the official version of the tablet-optimized Twitter app for Android will be available soon.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Initial reports are stating this will install over the original version, not a standalone tablet app. Then, it appears to work best with 10-inch slates, and my 7 isn’t 100% perfect, but certainly better than what I had before. Which was nothing. So, get excited because it looks like a realistic option for tablets is finally coming soon from Twitter. Grab it below and enjoy.
Download: Twitter App

I'm trying it out right now. I know it's a leak/beta/whatever. So far I've noticed I can't post images - I can tap the image, it starts to load the image editor, and then returns to the compose tweet box before the image loads up into the editor. The pen drawing function also crashes the app. Just, FYI. I really only use the compose text tweets and timeline viewer on my tablet anyway, so I'll keep it for now.

techahead

May 29, 2013
I would recommend that you use klout rather than twitter client to interact with friends on twitter

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Klout is just another useless app that is a waste of space and time.