Two tablets with Android 2.2 from Herotab

Status
Not open for further replies.

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Herotab just released two new tablets that have Android 2.2 and Flash out of the box. Both have 512MB RAM, G-Sensor and can play videos at 720p.

The Herotab M10 has a 10" Capacitive touchscreen that also supports multi-touch, 5000mAh battery that support up to 8 hours of Wi-Fi browsing (Honestly I think it is no more than 6...but maybe I am wrong) and the price is under 300$

The second one has an 8" resistive touchscreen, 4200mAh battery and the price is under 250$

More details at: Android Tablet Comparison

Kingofthecan

Oct 23, 2010
Hmm... 4:3 aspect ratio... that could be a killer for me.

I really don't want to sound like a bad-mouthing clown (the specs look good), but seriously- has anyone seen Android ran on a 4:3 device? I don't think its a native supported resolution, is it? I.e. there are some 'skin tweaks' at work here.

I would really like someone to put my mind at ease on this, because honestly... I may buy this thing TODAY lol. I have been chomping at the bit for a good 10" tegra 2 device, and with the Notion Adam being continually set back, it has systematically killed my hopes :p. The A8 reads good in the gen 8 Archos tablets and I see this sports one too, and even surpasses the ram of the 101 with 512 instead of 256 (maaaaybe a gingerbread man bootlegger down the road, am I right? Eh??)

Soooo anyone else shyed off by that hokey skin? Or are my fears unfounded?

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
You are right, Android wasn't seen on a lot of devices with a 4:3 aspect ratio...than again, Android 1.5 wasn't designed for big resolutions, still a lot of tablets run 1.5 and 1.6 with no problems. Android 2.1 wasn't designed for screens with a resolution over 800x480, but I think it is safe to say that with not to much work it functioned just fine (i.e. ZT-180 tablet). I think just because the aspect ration is 4:3 should not be a problem. An OS should have the flexibility to scale on different screen sizes.
Also, 299$ for a 10" tablet with capacitive screen and 4GB internal memory and 512 RAM isn't expensive. I honestly would buy it but still need 50$ in my affiliate account to get one :))

Chucant

Oct 11, 2010
I would like to order this product today...however, I need to know how I can get apps into the tab considering that it does not have Access to Android Market. It would be most appreciated if there is a way to do this. Do you know if it has bluetooth?Thanks

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Not having access to the official android market (out of the box...but it can be installed with a bit of hacking) does not mean you can't install applications. There are other markets and you can also install applications by placing the APK file on your SD card and opening it from the tablets file browsing application.

Chucant

Oct 11, 2010
Thanks Pazvanti. I viewed a couple of Youtube videos on how to install the APK file as well as get apps from Android market. Which market is supported by this Herotab M10? Do you know if the tablet pcs are available now. I called Merimobiles...but there was no response and no opportunity to leave a v-mail.
Thanks for your help.

lcizzle

Oct 24, 2010
Man, I want one real bad, but everyone is crying about Merimobiles so i'm scared to buy one.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Hmm... 4:3 aspect ratio... that could be a killer for me.

I really don't want to sound like a bad-mouthing clown (the specs look good), but seriously- has anyone seen Android ran on a 4:3 device? I don't think its a native supported resolution, is it? I.e. there are some 'skin tweaks' at work here.
Yep--if you count Android 2.0--ran fine on the Pandigital Novel with a 4:3 (800x600). I owned it for a month or two, and if you overlook the underpowered processor, pretty much any app I could run on my Droid (that didn't require major horsepower) not only loaded and ran on the Pandigital, but displayed fine.

-Matt

Kingofthecan

Oct 23, 2010
Yep--if you count Android 2.0--ran fine on the Pandigital Novel with a 4:3 (800x600). I owned it for a month or two, and if you overlook the underpowered processor, pretty much any app I could run on my Droid (that didn't require major horsepower) not only loaded and ran on the Pandigital, but displayed fine.

-Matt

Thanks for clarifying! I tell you, this one is looking more and more like a ringer, I think I'm gonna take the plunge and order one.

Erm... I mean I'll be the guinea pig :p

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Thanks for clarifying! I tell you, this one is looking more and more like a ringer, I think I'm gonna take the plunge and order one.

Erm... I mean I'll be the guinea pig :p
Oh, man...you don't mean buying through Merimobiles, do you? Please. Go back and read that thread slowly and carefully.

Matt

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Closing this thread because the OP's link is a site full of affliate links to Merimobiles, and I hate rebranding.

OP is not introducing any new tablets here. 10" = Tegra 2 and 8" = Freescale. The news has been out of the last couple of months on this already.

Status
Not open for further replies.