unable to complete boot sequence rooted tab with CWM

darnold

Apr 9, 2014
Hello,
I've successfully used my Galaxy tab 2 7.0 p3110 for about a year having rooted it and installed the Slimbean custom rom.
I recently tried to install the aokp rom. I went through the normal proceedure of putting the .zip on an sd card and using CWM to install it, eveything seemed normal.
When I re-booted I got the usual Galaxy start-up screen followed by the expected loading screen, in this case the word Google and two meshed, revolving gears. I expect the first boot of a new rom to take some time but after 3 hours of spinning gears, I concluded something was wrong. I've since tried the same path using Cyanogen mod 10 and an earlier Slimbean with the same results (different loading graphics, obviously).
I'd be very grateful if anyone out there has a fix or work around, ideally using Linux or I'll have to dig my old Windows XP pc out from under a pile of books.

darnold

Apr 9, 2014
The boot loop problem is solved.
I allowed the battery to discharge completely (24+ hours), fully re-charged it and performed a factory re-set/data wipe with CWM. I selected aokp from the external SD and everything is back to normal.
I hope this helps some of the many others who have reported this problem on the web.