Uninstall YouTube??

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
YouTube doesn't work anymore.. I can open the app, but when I choose a video to watch, it immediately force closes everytime. I've tried clearing cach, as well as restarted the a100. Is there anyway to reinstall the app? There is no option to Uninstall the app, and there is no "youtube" app in the market to reinstall it - even if I figured out how to Uninstall. So I'm stumped.

I just wiped my device about a month ago and started from scratch because half of all the apps I opened force closed. A100 worked great for 3 months.... And past couple months its nothing but problems.

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
There's a thread started on this site's A500 forum describing apparent problems for many if not all Honeycomb Youtube apps, which has already been reported to Google. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon!

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Is this an A100 problem? Because I saw this thread and got concerned that I too couldn't watch You Tube and grabbed my A500 to see. It loaded perfectly and played any video I selected. I am running the stock Honeycomb 3.2.1.

mamawm

Dec 24, 2011
I think it's very random but across the board. There have been reports on a100, a200 and a500.

mamawm

Dec 24, 2011
This may be a Google problem. Just saw a similar issue in a bionic forum. Seems that something is going on with the you tube app and Google is aware and working on it.

Jan 27, 2012
I cleared app cache in Settings - Applications - Manage Applications and my YouTube problems are no more. Have you tried this?

Sent from my rockin' stock A100 using Android Tablet Forum, yo!

fred99u

Mar 10, 2012
i had a problem similar to this, anytime i tried to use flash it would 'force close' (example: opening a youtube video or something like that)
i uninstalled a Star Trek live wallpaper that i had recently installed and that took care of the flash problem

i guess the wall paper wasnt 100% compatible with my device

I have had a similar problem with another app that i installed causing problems with other system functions, the uninstall fixed it as well
although i had to uninstall 5 or 6 of the most recent apps that i had installed to find the one causing the problem

Last edited: