Update Fusion5 tablet?

bruceallen

Nov 10, 2023
I have a Fusion5_108 (16GB) tablet, which was given to me a few years ago and has WiFi problems. I reset it to the factory settings (erasing everything on the tablet and starting over) but that didn't fix it. When I connect to a WiFi network, the WiFi icon changes color but there is an exclamation mark next to it. I always get the message "connected, no internet" even though I do have an internet connection. This happens with my home network, with the network at my office, and at hotels and airports. But many apps are sluggish or do not work correctly because they think that there is no internet connection.

I was wondering if there is a way for me to update the OS which might fix this? The Android version on the tablet is 6.0.1 with a security patch level from December 1 2015. The firmware version is v6.0rc4_2017041 and the Build Number is Fusion5_108_16_OS60_UK_20170921_V3F.

The manufacturer tells me that no update is available and that in order to diagnose my problem I should pay them a 25 pound fee. Not clear if they will do anything other than a factory settings reset.

Note: I am a knowledgable linux user and programmer but new to Android.

Cheers,
Bruce

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
My best guess regarding your WiFi issues is the tablet not recognizing the encryption used on the WiFi connection. Unfortunately, as the manufacturer has said there is no update, there is no update. I'm not aware of any custom ROMs for it either. While the tablet still has some life in it, you would be better served with a new tablet.

Lenovo or Samsung would be your best bets, as unlike the off brand tablets they receive updates. Onn (WalMart brand) is another option if price is a concern but still want updates.

robibbi

Dec 27, 2023
I have a Fusion5_108 (16GB) tablet, which was given to me a few years ago and has WiFi problems. I reset it to the factory settings (erasing everything on the tablet and starting over) but that didn't fix it. When I connect to a WiFi network, the WiFi icon changes color but there is an exclamation mark next to it. I always get the message "connected, no internet" even though I do have an internet connection. This happens with my home network, with the network at my office, and at hotels and airports. But many apps are sluggish or do not work correctly because they think that there is no internet connection.

I was wondering if there is a way for me to update the OS which might fix this? The Android version on the tablet is 6.0.1 with a security patch level from December 1 2015. The firmware version is v6.0rc4_2017041 and the Build Number is Fusion5_108_16_OS60_UK_20170921_V3F.

The manufacturer tells me that no update is available and that in order to diagnose my problem I should pay them a 25 pound fee. Not clear if they will do anything other than a factory settings reset.

Note: I am a knowledgable linux user and programmer but new to Android.

Cheers,
Bruce
Given your WiFi issues on the Fusion5_108 tablet, updating the Android version may help. Investigate online forums or the manufacturer's website for custom ROMs compatible with your device. Ensure compatibility and follow installation guides for a potential solution.

Last edited: