Update my tablet from scratch?

TheReal80

Jan 13, 2011
My Wowpad is stuck when booting and I can´t do anything with it.
Are there any guides for how to make it work again?

28ckqxc.jpg

MarcoGonzalez

Jan 16, 2011
Mine does the same too, here is what I've tried. Hold the black button located on the lower front of the screen, and then hold the power button for four seconds. Let go of the power button and keep holding the black button until a screen pops up. It will tell you that the device will reboot for several amount of seconds. That should do it because that worked only once for me.

MarcoGonzalez

Jan 16, 2011
Ok so that didn't work huh. Alright mine still freezes on the green screen. I found a solution for it. This time press and hold the black button and press the menu button, keep holding them. while holding those buttons, press the power button and hold it for four seconds. After the four seconds, it should tell you something about pressing the right buttons for factor reset. Once you read that message, let go of the black button and menu botton at the same time that should activate Factor Reset Settings. It should boot up a screen that tells you that the "device is burning" just sit and wait and relax until all loads and boots to the screen.

sim_ke

Jan 17, 2011
MarcoGonzalez,

My Infotmic Wowpadstarts to hang after i installed some games.
Tried several means like Reset (pressing buton underneath tablet) does not work.

Just tried your recommendation and managed to get to Factory Default Reset but it says can't locate the Recovery Image File, try booting from SD card.

Where can I find the recovery image file?

Thanks for advise.

colbycho

Jan 18, 2011
(@sim_ke) I have the same exact situation as you. What the heck does "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD" mean? I just cant figure it out...
(@GmanQuik) I got mine off of eBay. I would get the galaxy tab if I were u.

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
I have a guide to recovering from SD card. Just follow the link in my signature. It should enable you to use this fantastic device.

Let me know if it works please?

Hope this helps,
Richardo

colbycho

Jan 18, 2011
I have worked well over 4 hours on fixing my tablet. This is the most ridiculous thing...
(@richardo crispus) I tried what you said, and I actually gained a sign of hope. I downloaded the software, put it on my sd card, and put it in. Upon startup, I pressed home+power+back, arriving at the recovery partial screen. I did the process of pushing home+back again, and then... the words I have seen undoubtably over a hundred times appeared before my face. "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD." It felt like the hope did suicide inside me. Jumped off a cliff. I mean, this is ridiculous!!! I put on the (beep) software and nothing happened! Now when I put the micro sd back in my computer, and click on the zip file, it says "Please insert the last disk of the multi-volume set and click okay to continue." What On Earth Is Going On. Thank you all so much for posting all these threads. There just has to be another step somewhere.

bustanut666

Jan 25, 2011
took me 3 hours to find out how to reprogram my flytouch2.. here you go.. hope it helps.. since forum answers were not that direct..

1) download the 2.1 build # you want onto a microSD card... (make sure that is the only file on there)

2) most likely when you download the build, it will be in a .ZIP file.. you need to extract that file on your computer.. after extracting, copy that UPDATE.ZIP file that was extracted onto your microSD card (again, make sure that is the only file on there) also, microSD needs to be formated into FAT32.

3) insert microSD card into tablet

4) turn off tablet

5) hold down keys (HOME and VOLUME -) and power on the tablet.. this will make it go into recovery mode

6) clear cache in recovery mode

7) then use option #2 to load update file from microSD..

DONE..

arcticwolf489

Mar 29, 2012
took me 3 hours to find out how to reprogram my flytouch2.. here you go.. hope it helps.. since forum answers were not that direct..

1) download the 2.1 build # you want onto a microSD card... (make sure that is the only file on there)

Where can I download the latest build for my Wowpad? I have a microSD card, but it doesn't have a backup build on it (and the internal one is somehow broken).

nomad247

Jun 11, 2012
Hello, was reading through this, same issue more or less and the link no longer works. Here is what I have: Superpad 10.2, Android 2.1; webcam gps, hdmi, 2 usb's, 2 micro sd slots. During boot, I get a screen that the CPU name, infoMTIC, lower corner has 6.3.1 (676). Any help would be gretly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Janelle

Here's a link to a post of mine which includes a link to the file and a walkthrough (Btw, I'm linking you to the lastest update of the Wowpad software)

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...2-1-1561-79-79-mb-safe-install.html#post34626

I really hope this works for you,
Richardo