Updating System on AMID 971r and 972xs

ace1234

Jan 12, 2013
I've updated the firmware from Tempo to build 20120907 and rooted the AMID-972xs. Can anyone suggest some custom ROMS i can use.

pellicle

Oct 23, 2012
you've tested it and no other bugs? Pardon me asking before I do this and whack my system with something unexpected :)

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
you've tested it and no other bugs? Pardon me asking before I do this and whack my system with something unexpected :)

Lol, I know where you're coming from with that. No, I've just been using it as I normally would and tested that the front camera now works. The update is not replacing the OS, it's a small patch to fix the camera. I don't think it addresses anything else, but it could have Skype useable. I'm waiting to see if they do an update to Jellybean.
It partly fixes the camera. The image fed from the front camera is working but is mirror reversed. It would be ok for Skype but is still not 100%.
I do think Tempo must be the wrong people to be the service agent here for this.

Sent from my AMID-972XS using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

pete01

Apr 17, 2013
I have the AMID-972XS and did the two step update, got flash in websites working ( sort of), often videos are played back upside down. Big issue is the battery indicator has now gone haywire, sits on 100% and doesnt drop normally, tablet switches off without warning. Installed battery monitor which appears to show true state of battery but that doesnt drop as battery discharges. Another problem-the built in browser has a tendency to crash out without warning, sometimes need to reboot to cure problem, firefox or chrome behaves ok (except for flash video).
Any suggestions short of a factory reset (which I wasnt keen to do as it means I have to download all my apps again from playstore). Has anyone else had issues with the Tempo updates? I hope they read this forum and act on complaints.