Upgrade tablet from 2.3 to 4.0

VSK

Sep 27, 2012
Hi All,
I recently bought a tablet from shenzhen using Aliexpress. They didnt ship me the unit as mentioned in website. It came with quite many issues for which i had to sent it back again and got it replaced, as i was denied the refund. Their advertisement say that it is android 4.0, however they shipped only with android 2.3. After much discussions, they sent me an Android 4.0 rar files, which has an image file. I dont know how to install it. More over they told me that if i install it some of the hardware might not work.
Can any onehelp me with this ?
a) Backup the current version so that if something goes wrong with the install , i can put it back
b) Install the Android 4.0 ( I am not sure it is a genuine version which they have given me - Reason being for some applications with Android 2.3 it said this is not available in your country. I live in australia, where mostly there shouldnt be any restriction)

I am not sure what details i should furnish here for you to help me. Tablet is a Voipad from Harnel Company in Shenzhen. 10inch multipoint capacitance. When i start up the tablet, it shows a screen can Vimicro.

if anyone can help me, it would be great. It was bought as a birthday present for my son using the gift coupons he received.

Nov 4, 2012
Hi I presume we have the same tablet and same troubles, check if you tablet look like this one 10" Capacitive Android 2.3 Tablet GPS w/ 3G / Bluetooth / WiFi / HDMI / Camera - White + Black (8GB) - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX

If yes I can guide you how to root your device at first, believe me I was struggling to do it 2 weeks, no help from seller and I couldn't get 4.0 file from them. After rooting you'll be able to backup current ROM.

Hi,

I've got the same tablet as the one mentioned in your post. There seem to be a couple of issues with the tab:

1. When it goes into deep sleep mode, it is impossible to wake up the tab. Only reset works.
2. Battery gets drained out in a few mins.
3. How do i upgrade to ICS/JB?

Any help would be appreciated.