USB Charging

Ami

Jan 24, 2011
evillincoln said:
As said in a previous answer in this thread the voltage is different for tablets than for devices that can be charged with USB. It is not just a limitation of the ACER and is most likely the case for all tablets. The three 7" tablets that I have used all cannot be charged via usb.

Actually, my old Velocity Micro Cruz T301 tablet will not even realize that the DC charger is even plugged in to it and the wall outlet and has been that way ever since I first got it. It WILL however charge quite nicely through its USB port via a USB wall/car charger or whenever tethered via USB to a computer. Of which I have been using for a few years with it before I found a nicer charger for it. So, SOME tablet can indeed be charged via USB, in fact I still use my Cruz as a storage device and its currently charging just fine, and has been for over five months, with an obsolete BlackBerry cell phone USB wall charger.

Ami

Jan 24, 2011
Ami said:
Actually, my old Velocity Micro Cruz T301 tablet will not even realize that the DC charger is even plugged in to it and the wall outlet and has been that way ever since I first got it. It WILL however charge quite nicely through its USB port via a USB wall/car charger or whenever tethered via USB to a computer. Of which I have been using for a few years with it before I found a nicer charger for it. So, SOME tablet can indeed be charged via USB, in fact I still use my Cruz as a storage device and its currently charging just fine, and has been for over five months, with an obsolete BlackBerry cell phone USB wall charger.

I mean AC not DC I always mix them up! Lol!

rider45

May 4, 2012
You can buy an inexpensive inverter, plug it into your car power
outlet to charge or run almost any A/C device. I have had one for years and they work great!

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
The Length of my laptop charging cable is not too long to reach to the plug.So toavoid this problem i am using usb charger.
Sorry the A500 will not and cannot be charged via USB. The new A510 can. As will the A700.

I use a 300W inverter in the car. Even enough power for a laptop, battery charger for electric screw driver, mobile/cellphone charger, bluetooth headset, GPS charger and etc. All connected through a power board plugged into the inverter.

Mamahnita

Nov 27, 2011
To charge my tablet in my car I use a voltage inverter, this also has the advantage of charging faster than a cigarette lighter version, I have the tripplite 375 Watt inverter, it's about US $75.00 but they also have lower wattage models for cheaper.
I agree look around Because they can get lower than $75 I got mine on sale at radio shack for $20.00.