usb debugging

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Please see Rico's post above. Nook Color Tools> Settings> Development> Check USB Debugging.

tocoty

Jan 4, 2011
got it . thanks so much .... you guys with your knowledge are so kind and helpful !!!!!!

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
:cool:Wheee Hoooo! Glad to hear it!:cool:
Welcome to the forum.
tumblr_ldy3v00TLJ1qfhbkko1_500.jpg

tocoty

Jan 4, 2011
rico ... u have been extremely helpful to me over the last few days, thanks for ur patience... i'll get there, just bare with me !!!! tocoty

Tigagreen

Feb 22, 2011
I'm in the same situation, though I can get to USB Debugging alright, but I cannot find "Unknown Sources". Titanium BU has a warning that I will not be able to restore without settting "unknown Sources". Any ideas were to find this? Thanks in advance.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I'm in the same situation, though I can get to USB Debugging alright, but I cannot find "Unknown Sources". Titanium BU has a warning that I will not be able to restore without setting "unknown Sources". Any ideas were to find this? Thanks in advance.

You won't find "unknown sources" setting with B&N software.

Stock Android 2.1, 2.2:
Menu > settings > applications > check "Unknown sources" (allow installation of non-market apps)
Menu > settings > applications > development > check "usb debugging"

is the same as

B&N software (android 2.1):
Nook Color Tools > check "Allow non-market Apps"
Nook Color Tool > settings > development > check usb debugging"

Small differences, same results. :)

greypeter

Feb 16, 2016
You should check your Android version at first and then enable the USB debugging with these following steps:

If You Use Android 4.2 and up
Step 1. Go to Settings > About Phone > Build number, and tap it 7 times until the "You are under developer mode" note pops up .(for Android 5.0 Lollipop users, you will see "You are now a developer".)
Step 2. Go back to the previous screen, and click the "Developer Options" menu. Then you can check "USB debugging".

If You Use Android 3.2 to 4.1
Settings > Developer options > USB debugging

If You Use Android 2.3 or Earlier
Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging

hope this will help you. If you want to read more, you can come to RecoveryAndroid.

Last edited: