Usb headset, usb port

Sean56

May 26, 2014
When I connect a usb headset to android 4.1 tablet its not recognised. Would it be possible to get it connected using that type of cable with additional power supply? My tablet has 2 usb ports one of which is host and another is for connection to PC. The latter doesnt recognize any usb devices. Is there a way to configure tablet or os to make that port work with external usb devices?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I personally haven't heard of anyone being able to get a USB headset to work on an Android tablet. But all the tablets I know have a port for a standard mini plug out for speakers or a headset.

Sean56

May 26, 2014
The problem is that the tablet's mic is too quiet and I cant use skype. One of micro usb ports is for 3g internet dongle. I was thinking about connecting external usb mic to the second port which is for PC connection and doesnt read anything except pc cable. Can I configure it somehow?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The only thing I might suggest is looking into doing it using blue tooth. I just don't think there is any way to get it to work on the USB port due to a lack of driver support.