Use Tablet While Charging Or Not

lokolo

May 8, 2017
Hello,

My younger cousin is using my tablet all the time to play games and I think my battery doesn't last as long as it used to. My question is, should he be playing with battery 100% and plugged in in a charge or use let's say down to 20% charge it to full, and repeat this process? I have Samsung Tab S2 9.7

I've tried to google it but all threads seem to be from around 2004

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Your device's battery has an average lifespan of about two years, so if you're not seeing the battery life you expect, replacing the battery will resolve that issue. Using the tablet on AC doesn't hurt the battery itself, but if his game is graphics intensive the GPU will generate heat that will affect the battery, especially if the tablet is plugged in to AC.

Short of not allowing him to use your tablet, the thing to do is to let the battery drain, as that minimizes the amount of damage the elevated temperatures of the GPU can do to the battery. When the warnings pop up, then recharge. He should take a break as well, unless he's fond of eye strain.

naruto1979

Jun 17, 2017
Your device's battery has an average lifespan of about two years, so if you're not seeing the battery life you expect, replacing the battery will resolve that issue. Using the tablet on AC doesn't hurt the battery itself, but if his game is graphics intensive the GPU will generate heat that will affect the battery, especially if the tablet is plugged in to AC.

Short of not allowing him to use your tablet, the thing to do is to let the battery drain, as that minimizes the amount of damage the elevated temperatures of the GPU can do to the battery. When the warnings pop up, then recharge. He should take a break as well, unless he's fond of eye strain.
i agree with you.