Using as a phone and a couple thoughts on the device

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
With Android 2.1, It worked like a speaker-phone.
I personally liked that, as I could leave the phone
on my desk using the kickstand and just press a button to talk.

With Android 2.2.2, The phone is very quiet and you
have to hold it up to your ear. There is a work-around using
an equalizer to bring the volume up some, but it
still doesn't match the old volume.

Good Luck,

Apr 18, 2011
If you are in the U.S AT&T is the way to go as T-Mobile will either say it's a data device or a phone (not both). I've been using it as a phone since the day I got it and charged it up the first time. I love it. Also neat little fact is the earbuds that came with it are also a headset. The white square on the left earbud is for hanging up a call. I usually either use the headset that came with it or a bluetooth. But I prefer the hardwired headset because I'll just wear them while I listen to music and if I get a call I hit the button...bam...stops the music...I take the call...hang up...and right back to music I go.

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
I also have AT&T. Coverage where I live isn't the greatest, but it works.
No 3G, but Edge works. Also, I just pay $10.00 a month for
unlimited data plan. I can't argue with that.
My plan online shows me still using my old phone, so
my data rate is based on that.

nick714

May 11, 2011
hey guys,

i just got the s7 slim from BB and the slot for the SIM has a gray foam in it. can i just remove it and insert my sim for phone and data to work? is there something else i have to do? thanks in advance.

nick714

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
I also have AT&T. Coverage where I live isn't the greatest, but it works.
No 3G, but Edge works. Also, I just pay $10.00 a month for
unlimited data plan. I can't argue with that.
My plan online shows me still using my old phone, so
my data rate is based on that.

Same here exept for the coverage thing... was using the Samsung Impression A877... phone or data didn't work on the 2.1 but the froyo 2.2.2 updates did the trick... I use my motorola rokr hd stereo bt headset and all is well

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
I had a BT earpiece, but it seems to have decided it doesn't
want to be found. I have the charger for it, but can't find it.

They say the second thing to go is your mind.
I can't remember what the first thing was.

Apr 18, 2011
hey guys,

i just got the s7 slim from BB and the slot for the SIM has a gray foam in it. can i just remove it and insert my sim for phone and data to work? is there something else i have to do? thanks in advance.

nick714

Not sure. If you have a sim put it in and give it a try. If you have at&t it's just a matter of putting in the sim card. If you have T-Mobile you have to get the device provisioned.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Do not attempt to uncover the simm slot on the s7,slim. This device is NOT equiped like the old s7. The slim does not have phone features (seems they changed the plan at the last minute) if you attempt to put a simm card in the slim, it will fall into tthe internals of the device. At this time, the slim is a wifi only device.