Using Calendar on tablet

AndrewRoed

May 1, 2012
I have a Tivax MiTraveler 10 " tablet. It seems like Google has made this extremely more complicated than it needs to be. I just want to use the calendar. I create a google account (which I shouldn't have to) and try to use it. It says you have to have a calendar - this makes no sense and is becoming a nightmare. I mean this is so convoluted it's unbeleivable. Sorry guys, but this is becoming a major bummer. I downloaded other calendars and same thing. What is this all about?

Andy R

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
Well, the first use of a Google account is to download new apps to your tablet. As far as calendar, I'm pretty sure you can use your calendar in the tablet without the need of having a Google account, but in my case I always sync my calendar to Google so it can be synced to my iPhone and Laptop...

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

AndrewRoed

May 1, 2012
I've actually run across a few others with this exact problem. I synced my google account (only because I seem to have no other choice) and want to just use the calendar. When I bring up the calendar, "Before you can add an event, you must add at least on Calendar account..." I already did that! Why do they make this so difficult?!?!

knightfall

May 25, 2012
have you checked if under settings - accounts & sync that the gmail account is set for sync and personal data sync with pc, my asus tablet has that setting but android os is all pretty much simular, good luck hope info helps you.

BamaBelle2012

May 25, 2012
mine is doing the exact thing and it asks for a server, i am at a loss at what to do and plus having issues downloading apps, these tablets are more complicated than they need to be:(

Srchnfru2

May 31, 2012
I have the Coby Kyros MID8125 tablet. I had to use the exchange account to sync my google calendar. Domain/Username: (user)@gmail.com Password: your user password Server: m.google.com and it worked. My question is...how do add another exchange/google account? it doesnt prompt me for it.

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
I got on Google's dashboard on the PC and deleted or made sure that nothing like documents, calendar, was signed to my Google account. I also will not sync email. I am using a colornote calendar and it's working just fine. I liked the built in calendar on the Nexus S, but rooting put paid to that calendar. Didn't have to sync that, either.

Once you sign up for a service, Google does not let you get rid of it without deleting your whole account. I had both Blogger and Picasa accounts, did not want either on the phone or tablet. Tried to delete in Dashboard - can't delete. So just took down all the stuff I had posted and there's nothing but empty pages and no info.

I've also fixed it to use another email service, and have also been able to search with Startpage or Duck Duck Go rather than Google.