using pdf apps on nook color - help please

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Oh, I thought you were being "why can't we all just get along?" Smileys always throw me!!!

-Matt

shebuilt

Jan 20, 2011
Very new all...please be patient. I moved my downloaded textbooks over direct to documents. They are adobe acrobat reader format. I can see them but I can not advance the pages? I can type in a page and it does go to the page, but again can not forward with touchscreen? Do I need a specific reader?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Very new all...please be patient. I moved my downloaded textbooks over direct to documents. They are adobe acrobat reader format. I can see them but I can not advance the pages? I can type in a page and it does go to the page, but again can not forward with touchscreen? Do I need a specific reader?

You can try installing the Adobe Reader app from the Market. I also had issues with pdf files when using the built in Barnes & Noble reader but they worked fine after getting the Adobe app.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I also seem to remember that PDFs need to be swiped in a particular direction (down?) to advance, rather than tapped like epub books

-Matt

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You can also look at Aldiko Reader in the market...it reads pdf's and epub's.