Viewsonic G tablet email force close

ivydroid

Aug 24, 2011
I am a new member in need of help. My g tablet just started to force close. I get the message"application email (process.com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Try again"
I have shut it down, cleared the email cache, even removed all files setting up email account again. It still gives me force close message. What do I need to do?

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
I am a new member in need of help. My g tablet just started to force close. I get the message"application email (process.com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Try again"
I have shut it down, cleared the email cache, even removed all files setting up email account again. It still gives me force close message. What do I need to do?

Welcome to the forum!
Is the tablet still stock, or are you on a custom ROM? We need as much information as you can give us to better help your situation.

sent from my FlashBack 7.2 Gtablet using Tapatalk

ivydroid

Aug 24, 2011
Thank you for responding. The tablet is still stock, I have not changed the ROM. I am learning from this site what can be done, just taking baby steps.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
No one really understands why a certain app starts FC.

Any android app is facing a challenge of being tried on multiple android platforms and devices. There is no, or not sufficient, quality control before releasing, as it seemed.

Some good folks found that, by re-partitioning sd card to 2048/0 would minimize or eliminate FC's, and this has been a standard practice before installing any custom rom. But this requires clockworkmod. Information about this subject is all over the net.

In your case, perhaps you can try to delete the gmail account, clear gmail app's cache and date in settings, then reboot. This may or may not work.

Dave,

Hendrys

Nov 9, 2011
Hello IvyDroid, i'm quite a new member here too. However, i think i can help here, this FC issue happened to me and it had me nuts. I've just made something that resulted useful. I saw in som random blog that this error its maybe because the email app can't read some email headers, so i found a simple, but working solution, i went to my email (using firefox browser, not the android) and deleted the first 10 messages from my inbox.

Til now it has worked swell, but i did it inly ten minutes ago, also i deleted, spam and the recycle bin of gmail.

Hope it works for you, and if it does please reply so i'll know for real waht to do if it happens again.

Cheers.