Viewsonic Viewpad 10. Need help

JMB

Apr 5, 2012
Hi everyone,
I have a viewpad viewsonic 10 and i've been trying for a while to install the android 4.0 but whithout success.
I corrently have the android 2.2-1.6 and windows 7.
I use this steps of installation:
1- Download the android 4.0: https://sites.google.com/site/viewpad10androidupdate/available-updates/viewsonic-branded-updates or Download - Android-x86 - Porting Android to x86
2- Use unetbootin to pass the files whithin the iso to a <2 pen drive;
3- Run the tablet through the usb drive;
4- Choose to install to hard disk;
When shows to choose when to install the android, the installation menu breaks and i can't sellect any of the installation option.

Anyone can help me please?

waterhead

Jan 16, 2012
You should download the image file again, as you may have a corrupted CD image file. It looks like the latest version made for the WeTab is a good one:

Android ICS 4.0.3 for wetab (ENGLISH) (UPDATED) « corvusmod

The direct link to download:

http://i.minus.com/1333752299/zTdPrABOL5QXcyqLaC7U-g/dbtGFxIZYQiGj1.iso

If you have a USB CD drive, it sometimes is better to boot and install from an actual CD.

Edit: Installing Android-x86 is very similar to installing Linux. See my thread on installing openSUSE Linux for more information:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/viewpad-10/34658-installing-opensuse-linux-12-1-gnome.html

Last edited:

JMB

Apr 5, 2012
I've done everything like you told me and it still not working. I think it's a cache problem, but i'm not sure.
I've done downloaded the android 4.0 over and over again from the link you send but it still doesnt work.
You can see bellow some pictures of my installation progress (please help) :
$cache.jpg$dont_suport.jpg$error1.jpg$error2.jpg$stop.jpg

waterhead

Jan 16, 2012
And using the up/down arrows you cannot select? Weird.

Try using the buttons on the tablet. The middle button will advance down to the next lower choice, holding it will advance up. The bottom button will enter the choice selected.

JMB

Apr 5, 2012
I already tried to use the tablet buttons but i still can't sellect any of the options in that part of the installation.

waterhead

Jan 16, 2012
I don't believe it is related to the errors that you are seeing. I get the same thing.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

I tried both a wired and wireless keyboard, and they both worked for me. I didn't go past the drive selection page, as I didn't want to install it.

Last edited:

JMB

Apr 5, 2012
I've mad a video showing step by step how i try to install, can you see if i'm doing somethig wrong please?

Last edited by a moderator:

JMB

Apr 5, 2012
I can run the android 4.0 whithout install. But i can't install it.

waterhead

Jan 16, 2012
I don't use Windows, so I can't tell you if you are doing anything wrong. If it boots up, then it must be good. I booted the CD again, and the tablet buttons don't work for me either. But my keyboard works.

Do yourself a favor before you drive yourself crazy. Get a different keyboard and try it. Borrow one from someone, one with a cable if you can.

JMB

Apr 5, 2012
I've tried 3 different types of keyboards wireless and none worked. I bought a usb wired keyboard and it worked
I have the android 4.0 now.
Thanks you a lot for helping me. If wasn't for you i would give up.
One more time, thank you.

waterhead

Jan 16, 2012
I've tried 3 different types of keyboards wireless and none worked. I bought a usb wired keyboard and it worked
I have the android 4.0 now.
Thanks you a lot for helping me. If wasn't for you i would give up.
One more time, thank you.
Interesting...

I was using the wireless mouse/keyboard combo that came with my HP Pavilion desktop, and it worked.

Amazon.com: HP - Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Combo: Computers & Accessories

Glad to hear that you were successful, in the end.