Viewsonic Viewpad 10s

outofsync

Aug 24, 2011
Hi andy123!, i´m not an expert though i have been testing a lot of custom roms and even noticed that the viewpad 10s does have problem with reboot/startup, it seems that it does just turn off the screen (like standby mode or something..) but never powers down the whole system completly, and there is no way to get the screen on again, solution for this was for me atleast to hold down the powerbutton for around 4 seconds (force it to power down..) and when powering it on, do NOT press any button at all but than the power button, if you press volume keys at the side will make it to not boot.. it just stays off and the same goes with the back key, so keep your fingers right :p hope this help you :)

/Patrik

REVTECHss

Sep 4, 2011
Well, after some serious investigating I finally picked up a 10s today. I got this mainly as a secondary Internet source for my family. While a full out rom upgrade may come down the road as I get more comfortable, I'd really like to get the android market working. Every link I've tried, and I'm sure I've tried them all from these pages, has failed to install. Not sure if they are all bad or not, but I don't know where to turn. If anyone could post it again that they are sure is working, or email it to me or something, that would be great.

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Well, after some serious investigating I finally picked up a 10s today. I got this mainly as a secondary Internet source for my family. While a full out rom upgrade may come down the road as I get more comfortable, I'd really like to get the android market working. Every link I've tried, and I'm sure I've tried them all from these pages, has failed to install. Not sure if they are all bad or not, but I don't know where to turn. If anyone could post it again that they are sure is working, or email it to me or something, that would be great.

Hi
Try this here:

Install ROM Add-On For Advent Vega to Get Extra Features

shayind4

Last edited:

Jeansng

Sep 19, 2011
Someone help me, I was installing the Market link to this forum, but my tablet does not open the ZIP file, what do I install on my 10 S Market?

misho2381

Sep 20, 2011
Hi
I have just bought Viewpad 10s with 3G, however, I am unable to connect to internet via 3G. The device detects the operator signal but does not recognize it as data connection. I have added all the APN settings of my operator and still have the same problem. Any help?

Jeansng

Sep 19, 2011
When I open the Market, I can not download anything, he asks to force closure. com.android.vending stopped working! Someone help me?

fery67

Oct 17, 2011
hi everybody
please help meeeeee.
i have a viewpas 10s
recently i do a factory reset but my tablet bick and dont start up.
then i found this site and this treat and install Honeycomb 3.2

its ok but bluetooth dont work good for me!!
i decide to install a another rom so install ROM manager for clockworkmod but when install cmw my tablet dead :(:(:(:(
now i want install original rom but when press butt 1 and 2 nothing happen ?????
anyone can help me please???????

sorry for bad english

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
hi everybody
please help meeeeee.
i have a viewpas 10s
recently i do a factory reset but my tablet bick and dont start up.
then i found this site and this treat and install Honeycomb 3.2

its ok but bluetooth dont work good for me!!
i decide to install a another rom so install ROM manager for clockworkmod but when install cmw my tablet dead :(:(:(:(
now i want install original rom but when press butt 1 and 2 nothing happen ?????
anyone can help me please???????

sorry for bad english
Bluetooth works properly.
Try to long press power button for 30 seconds, then repeat step 2 but with 2 secs each press.
- press Back key for 2 seconds
- press Power button for 2 seconds. (P.S. HOLD Back button when you press Back button)
- release Power button first for 2 seconds
- release Back button
- total duration will be 6 seconds.

cikGu

Oct 25, 2011
hai all..... Iam a newandroid user... alow me to join in this forum
I luv u all guys.... :)

cikGu

Oct 25, 2011
Hi
I have just bought Viewpad 10s with 3G, however, I am unable to connect to internet via 3G. The device detects the operator signal but does not recognize it as data connection. I have added all the APN settings of my operator and still have the same problem. Any help?
I also use the same tablet and no problems with internet connection via 3G or EDGE, all worked fine. I'm still using OS froyo 2.2, and still are waiting for a stable rom viewcomb. And according to Legionnair, viewcomb build 6 will be released soon, and hopefully be able to fix some bugs like the issue with HDMI and power management.
For your problem, first try enabling airplane mode for a while, then turn off again and then try to connect to the internet again. And remember, make sure no firewall is blocking your internet connection. Hope it helps.
Greetings from Indonesia!

Dastan

Jun 30, 2011
OMG DUDE, THERES TOO MUCH TIME SINCE I'VE BEEN OUT

Thank you, for your answer, I tried everything u said but nothing worked, I'm pretty much convinced aswell that my viewpad 10s will be just a paperweight forever.
The usb, the apx controller, the exe's i found to restore, the info u gave me all sounded like a hope, but nothing worked.

I'm really more than dissapointed about this waste of money i did, cuz i found that what i made to it was not the cause, in another forum some dud said that his tablet just did the same as mine, the screen turned blank (black) when he was using it, (what happened to me when saving things a loading bar appeared and then black screen), so i dunno if the manofacturer is a slut, or what cuz the stupid seal is of paper and it teard up itself with the normal use.

I will try this "new" "hope" once i recover my tablet cuz a friend of mine has it (he is trying to bring it back to life) he is an engineer but his life is too busy so ill tell u ASAP, Thanks again bro, you seem to be the only one that is trying to help me, always.

Hi Dastan

Have you been able to sort out the problem with the tablet? if not, you can check out AUDI here:

Install Honeycomb Rom on Advent Vega (Vegacomb Beta) | Hungry Code Monkey

Parts 1 to 4.

Regards

Shayind