Viewsonic Viewpad 10s

Dademira

Mar 30, 2011
@Shayind4 I already did and it is running beatifully..... did some HC tweaks on it and i like it.

macros

Mar 13, 2011
Do you only have to do a cache wipe or total wipe? Because this looks like a real good rom to me.
Is this rom more tablet based instead of phone?

Macros.

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Do you only have to do a cache wipe or total wipe? Because this looks like a real good rom to me.
Is this rom more tablet based instead of phone?

Macros.

This cm7 seems tailored for tablet. You have to do a full wipe--cache/dalvik/all user data--in clockwork recovery before installation. I have not had any problem since i installed it yesterday though it is somewhat laggy as mentioned by mad-murdock on XDA. Bluetooth does not work but a2sd works using setinstalllocation apk. You should try it.

Shayind4

macros

Mar 13, 2011
Ok thanks for the info,It's good to see that there are more tablet based roms showing up.
I'm still having problems with the battery drain.
battery info showed 90% phone standby

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Ok thanks for the info,It's good to see that there are more tablet based roms showing up.
I'm still having problems with the battery drain.
battery info showed 90% phone standby

Hi Macros

Yes we now have several functional roms for 10s including cm7. Regarding the battery drain problem, which rom are you using? CorvusVegaRom? I will advise using battery management software like 'Power Max' or 'Juice Defender' . On standby, screen brightness, screen on for long time and wifi drain the battery. You should use system panel/task killer to check which applications are draining the battery, and kill non-essential processes/applications. I am using cm7 with honeycomb live wallpaper, and the battery usage is ok. It was much better without the live wallpaper. Hope this helps.

Shayind4

zsoft

Apr 16, 2011
that would work longer battery, put the regime fly ..., then disable all functions associated with the phone ... wifi work!

macros

Mar 13, 2011
Well i've got the cm7 mod up and running and i have to say PERFECT.
Now the viewpad is beginning to show it's potential, so i'm hopefull for the future (honeycomb).

macros.

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Well i've got the cm7 mod up and running and i have to say PERFECT.
Now the viewpad is beginning to show it's potential, so i'm hopefull for the future (honeycomb).

macros.

Hi Macros

I am glad you like it (cm7). I am waiting for the honeycomb too, and hope that it will be available soon.

regards

Shayind4

Deeluxe

Mar 26, 2011
Just installed it on 10s. It runs quite well. I did a full wipe before installation. Thanks.

Deeluxe/Dademira check out this cm7 rom.

Shayind4

Big thx Shayind4 ,you are the greatest(bow).Will try it right away.

PS:When i get to Software tool it doesn't show me recovery_vega_3024_r2_teamdesire.img as an option , any ideas ?
PS2: Ok im sitting here for like 3 hours ,can you make a little guide how to install it(incmd it's not showing my device,just a black space) ? sry for bothering you

Last edited:

macros

Mar 13, 2011
Hi deeluxe i used clockwork recovery to install the mod.
Best way is to follow instructions on xda dev site.
Hope this helps.

Regards macros.

Sent from my Vega using Android Tablet Forum

Deeluxe

Mar 26, 2011
Heya i used clockwork from the link there but i can't finda way to instal the.img file. Then i tried the rom manager andwhen i flash clockworkmod ,then restart in recovery mode, i end up in a screen in which a little android is coming out of the box and nothing else happens (left it like this for an hour and nothing changed)
Then i installed Vega rom which hayind posted in previous pages ,but no luck.

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Heya i used clockwork from the link there but i can't finda way to instal the.img file. Then i tried the rom manager andwhen i flash clockworkmod ,then restart in recovery mode, i end up in a screen in which a little android is coming out of the box and nothing else happens (left it like this for an hour and nothing changed)
Then i installed Vega rom which hayind posted in previous pages ,but no luck.

Hi Deeluxe

Sorry for not replying on time. You need clockwork recovery as mentioned by macros. Check post 54 above for details of how to install clockwork recovery. Full details available here:

How To Install ClockworkMod Recovery To Advent Vega .

Follow instructions on this site for how to install cm7 ( zip installation using clockwork recovery) by 'mad-murdock' :
[NIGHTLY][ROM][GRI40] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Vega | #04 | cwm3.0.2.4 | 13.04.2011 - xda-developers

• Do a full wipe in clockwork mod recovery
  • Install latest linked nightly build from this thread
  • Flash latest gapps from here: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/
  • you are done! reboot and enjoy
Let me know how you get on. If you have any problem installing Clockwork or cm7 then i will post step-by-step instructions.

Cheers

Shayind4