Virtual Keyboard issues

AirborneDude

Dec 9, 2010
My MID7015 is rooted, has Android Market, etc... Downloaded several different keyboards to try, but none work. I only get the default keyboard.

Anyone else having this problem?

hdectablet

Jan 17, 2011
you need to enable the keyboard. open up the keybnoard app and it shuold ask you if you want to enable it.

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Settings > Language & Keyboard

Under "Text Settings" you should see the alternate keyboards applications you have installed. Select which one you want to use as default. I have the stock keyboard removed, and I'm using "Smart Keyboard Pro".

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
After you install your keyboard, go into Settings--->Language and Keyboard Settings and check the box to enable your new keyboard. Once you have done that, open any app you can type into and do a long press in the field you would type into. Scroll down (if necessary) to get to Input Method and change to your new keyboard. I prefer Ultra Keyboard on the Coby because it gives me navigation arrows, otherwise I prefer Swiftkey Keyboard on my phone.

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
After you install your keyboard, go into Settings--->Language and Keyboard Settings and check the box to enable your new keyboard. Once you have done that, open any app you can type into and do a long press in the field you would type into. Scroll down (if necessary) to get to Input Method and change to your new keyboard. I prefer Ultra Keyboard on the Coby because it gives me navigation arrows, otherwise I prefer Swiftkey Keyboard on my phone.

Oops I most definitely forgot to mention the long press menu in my post above. Troyy is correct (takes off shirt)- that's a Billy Madison reference if you didn't get it already. :)

AirborneDude

Dec 9, 2010
Ok... had to edit this post. Yes, the long press did the trick. Funny, on my phone, I don't have to do that.

Thanks everyone for the help...

Last edited: