Visual Land Prestige Pro 7D

Link

Dec 6, 2013
I recently purchased a pro 7d. This is my first android device. The tablet seems to be working fine except for internal storage. I downloaded 3 games from Play store. After that, the native apps began updating, but before it finished, I got an error message about not having enough storage to complete the operation. What???. The tablet supposed to have 16gb of storage. Trying to figure out why I was getting this message, I went into Settings/Storage and found that the Internal storage (Total space) was only showing .98gb. That can't be right, can it? Under that, Apps (App data & media content) was showing around 870mb (don't remember exactly). Under that, Nand Flash was showing Total space 13gb. After that I went to Apps in the settings and started clicking on them and saw the option to move to SD card. I didn't have a SD card inserted so I didn't choose the option. After hours of frustration, I went back to Settings/Apps and decided to try the option of moving to SD card. I thought that I would probably get an error message or a prompt to insert a SD card, but to my surprise, it worked! All the Apps that had the option to move, I moved them. Low and behold, the not enough storage message disappeared and the rest of the Apps that couldn't update before finished updating. Apparently the device has an internal SD card mounted using almost all of the total storage. That would be fine if there was an option of directing downloads to it instead of the default download directory with a puny .98gb of storage.

So, with all that said, I have 3 questions:
1. Is this going to be the norm for this device?
2. Am I not going to be able to use the whole 13gb of storage without jumping through hoops?

Seems like a poor setup to me. Or,
3. Is there something wrong with the tablet?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

It sounds as if your storage is partitioned, much like older phones that did not have SD card capabilities. the <1Gb of space is for the operating system and also at least in part for apps. In newer devices that have a single partition it appears as 1 internal storage device. Moving apps in that case typically don't save a great deal of space but in your case it was enough for the other app updates to install. I would look at the game settings closely to see if any of the data for the games can be moved.

Understanding what I have said these are your answers.
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No

Link

Dec 6, 2013
Thanks, leeshor, for the response to my post. I got 2 other answers on 2 other forums and they were telling me the same thing. I guess I will have to get used to the android world.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It isn't Android - it's your choice of tablets. No offense intended but none of the main stream current gen tablets would have had that problem

xdrc45

Jan 6, 2013
Hey guys. I just picked this tablet up for my son... He's only 7. Anyway it's actually a decent little tablet for the $ and it gets him off my lenovo a2109, lol. Had it for only 5 min and rooted it successfully with cydia impactor. Currently I'm trying to find a cwm or twrp recovery and a stock debloated ROM but without any success so far.
Anyone at least have a working recovery for it?
If not any suggestions or help on how to build a recovery

xdrc45

Jan 6, 2013
Never mind.... I ended up getting a working twrp v2.7 built for it. A custom rom is next.

Denali89107

Aug 21, 2011
It isn't Android - it's your choice of tablets. No offense intended but none of the main stream current gen tablets would have had that problem

We (the wife and I both have one) both like our Pro 7D's except for the storage problem. I thought I had seen an update for the 7D somewhere, but at that moment I didn't have a full understanding of how much of a problem we really faced. I'm still amazed at the amount of time (almost all while playing games) we get out of the year old batteries.

Bottom line, aside from a ROM replacement (which I doubt these 75 year old hands could accomplish) has anyone found any update or other kind of fix?