Move to SD Card

jeth

Mar 30, 2013
Vampirefo,

I decided to give that test a try before giving up for the day. And I can report that "the operation was a success, but the patient died" :rolleyes:

I added two more map segments until the folder containing CoPilot was about 1.5GB. But when I opened app mgr, it was reporting on about 42MB, which is just the application files, NOT the maps. So again the move claimed it did it's thing, but it did nothing other than change the allocation figures for the app files which were still located in the device storage.

Oh well, I should go back and update my original comments in the CoPilot forum about find the move option restored so no one else will waste time on it. I don't know what ALK's problem is; very frequent forum comments have explained how other map program explicitly ask where you want to store the application and it's maps. Their standard response is that it can't be done or it's all Google's fault for taking away the move option several releases back.

Thanks for your assistance; I did learn some from the experience, even if it was only that Android has Linux in it's heritage.
Joe

frsharon1

Sep 22, 2014
Hello , I have Toshiba AT10-A with 4.2.1 .
I want to move app/games to SD (new 8gb).
I can not find the move to SD .
What to do ?