Vonage on the Galaxy Tab?

Draugr

Aug 15, 2010
Hi everyone.

I have a question. I'm about ready to go out and pick up the Galaxy Tablet, but I want to know if what I'm hoping to do is actually possible.

At home I have Vonage (VoIP) as my phone provider. I remember years ago they had a little USB adapter that allowed you to take your Vonage phone number with you wherever you went. Basically you'd plug the adapter into your laptop for example and then hook a phone up to it. You could be halfway across the country and yet when someone called your Vonage phone at home, you would be able to answer it no matter where you were.

What I'm hoping is that there is an app that may allow me to have my Vonage phone also ring on my tablet. With a 3G/4G service plan I could have my calls to my house number also ring on my tablet where I can pick up the call and talk to whoever is calling.

Does anyone know if this is possible with the Galaxy tab and if so is there a specific program or app that I need to make this work?

Thanks,
John

klown07

Aug 27, 2010
This idea sounds really coo, but there are no usb ports on the galaxy tab. Until you buy the dock, I THINK. As for the app, try going in to the market, and type in search Vonage. I'd check for you but my tab is DEAD lol, its charging.

Draugr

Aug 15, 2010
I can't believe there are no USB ports on the device. Guess I'll pass on this tablet.

I'll wait and see how the 10" Viewsonic turns out or if worse comes to worse, I'll wait till the new year and see whats out by then.

John

ayman07

Aug 3, 2010
Even if there was a usb port doesn't mean its going to work. Its not a mac/pc. The software wont be compatible. There is a vonage app on there and I believe you can make calls from your vonage number.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Draugr

Aug 15, 2010
I'd want a USB port for a joystick, or USB keyboard when using the tablet at home, etc...