Wallpaper Crop Issues

Neteng01

May 3, 2011
Hello all... :)

I just started testing out my new a500 when I tried to change my wallpaper to a downloaded jpg file I have. Once I galleried into it, I found the blue crop box would not allow me to show the whole image properly and always zoomed it in way too far. Even after trying the VERY few suggestions out there of dragging left to right, using a template, lowering the pixel ratio, resizing or crossing both my eyes while standing on a table with one foot in a bucket of goat's milk. No joy none the less.

Anyone here see this type of issue? I looked at all the posts here in attempts to see if I was the only one, so sorry if it has been posted already and I missed it.

I would love to be able to find why this is happening and get a fix, or at the very least an educated definition as to why I am so stupid as to not be able to figure this out....

Thanks in advance....

gabrielbcn

Apr 20, 2011
Hello all... :)

I just started testing out my new a500 when I tried to change my wallpaper to a downloaded jpg file I have. Once I galleried into it, I found the blue crop box would not allow me to show the whole image properly and always zoomed it in way too far. Even after trying the VERY few suggestions out there of dragging left to right, using a template, lowering the pixel ratio, resizing or crossing both my eyes while standing on a table with one foot in a bucket of goat's milk. No joy none the less.

Anyone here see this type of issue? I looked at all the posts here in attempts to see if I was the only one, so sorry if it has been posted already and I missed it.

I would love to be able to find why this is happening and get a fix, or at the very least an educated definition as to why I am so stupid as to not be able to figure this out....

Thanks in advance....

I know it's not the most effifient way but have you tried to crop it yourself to the right proportion?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Neteng01

May 3, 2011
Thanks gabriel,

I have tried that and it still didn't work. There were a couple various posts about smaller Res sizes and asking for the 1280x800 test but I have not replied yet.

Good times eh?...

Thanks for the reply. :)

Neteng01

May 3, 2011
Additional update:

I did discover if I crop in portrait view the change is not so drastic, as opposed to the suggested landscape process on the other sites.

Just thought I would add that as well.....

Garemlin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2010
The wallpaper cropping is a honeycomb issue. No matter how you crp it something seems to get cut off in the end. The best way I have found around it so your whole wallpaper shows up is using an app called MultiPicture Live Wallpaper. It allows you to use different wallpapers for each screen or a single one for all. And you can use a different one for your lock screen. The best part it size the wallpaper to your screen automatically so nothing is cut off or cropped.

Neteng01

May 3, 2011
Thank you Garemlin,

I will give it a shot. I really appreciate all the help from everyone.

Neteng01

May 3, 2011
Hello again,

I tried the app and it works on most of them. Its kind of odd because 2 of the images work differently even though they are the same size, but... it works so I am far better off than I was before..

Thanks again to all...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

ZebraHerda

Feb 20, 2013
This is very hacky but it worked for me.........

1) Open PhotoShop and create a new 1280x800 image with a white (or whatever colour) background.
2) Drag or paste the image you wish to use as wallpaper into the new PhotoShop image. It should appear as a new layer.
3) Hit Ctrl+T or Edit > Free Transform to allow you resize the new layer with your wallpaper image. Some marquees should appear around the layer.
4) Holding down Alt+Shift, grab one of the corner marquees and drag your wallpaper image layer toward the center to make it smaller. Keep resizing until it's about 50% of the size of the canvas (you will need to fiddle a little with this sizing). When you're done fiddling you should end up with your wallpaper image in the middle and a thick, white border (or whatever colour you chose for your background).
5) Hit File > Save for Web (might be Save for Web & Devices on newer PhotoShops). A new window with a split frame of your image should show up. Select quality:100 (maximum in the dropdown next to it). Hit save to export your image out to somewhere on your computer.
5a) There may be other ways to achieve step 5 but the point is that you save your image out as a jpg, png or similar at full size with the white border.
6) Drag your image onto your tablet, open it with Gallery and select Set Picture As. Now when you get to the cropping stage, just select the wallpaper image inside the white border and select crop. You should now have the wallpaper image set at full size (or close to). You may need to repeat the process a couple of times to get the size of the image in the middle right.

HTH

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Forget about doing a template.
Install QuickPic from the market.
Then, in QuickPic, open the photo you want as wallpaper, now touch the center of it and on the top right you will see some options.
Click the 3 dots and choose "set as" and click "wallpaper."
Works great.

Last edited:

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I had the same problem getting wallpaper to scale satisfactorily on my A500, then I ran across a wallpaper app that works better than anything else I tried. It's called Wallpapers Bay for Tablet, in the Google Play Store (free). Supposed to be just for tablets, but I also use it on my 7 inch Samsung Galaxy and it works fine on that too. The HD pictures are very nice and clear and there are so many categories and pictures to choose from. It really is a nice app. You can also download the pictures. Wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gannicus.android.tablet.wallpapersbay&hl=en

DARK-1KSA

May 10, 2015
Guys there's no need for any program I just tired to resize it from the same gallery all you have to make the blue line small as the yellow line and try just try to put the picture on it and it will be fixed it work very simple otherwise my device is lenovo vibe z2 pro