Wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

astevens54

Dec 3, 2010
Can anyone give me what the size is for wallpaper? I am going to make some. With that being said how you you select or change wallpaper other than the default choices?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So I added a quick line item on this one to the Tips and Tweaks, but here you go. Best Resolution is 1024x1024 for the image. Landscape is 1024x600. How you change the wallpaper can be dependent on your ROM, but for most I believe all you have to do is go to the Home Screen, touch the Menu (the three bar icon), and then second from the left is Wallpaper.

astevens54

Dec 3, 2010
Thanks for the response. I am using the stock OS for the time being. I just long press and the wallpaper option is there, however there are only stock wallpapers there. That is where the problem is, where is that directory and how can I put new images in it? I am seriously considering TnT2 Lite, but am waiting for 2.3 and 3.0. I would really like to find a clear 1,2,3 directions for TNT.

PrairieHawk

Jan 5, 2011
I'm using the stock OS and am just looking for how to set custom wallpaper. I hold down on the home screen and am given the option to set a few stock wallpapers, but nothing I have downloaded myself. Can anyone help?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Try this:

1. Open Gallery on your Tablet
2. Select an image you would like to set as your wallpaper
3. Long press on the image until the menu opens at the bottom of the screen
4. Select More
5. Select Wallpaper at the Set Picture As screen
6. You will then see your image with a Yellow rectangle superimposed on it. You can move this around to select what part of the picture you want. You can also resize this to select more or less of the image.

cheers,
p

Jan 15, 2011
There's no "gallery" on the Viewsonic G-tab. There's a "photos" icon, which you can click on to see your photos, but the only option for the photos is to rotate them, or mail them, or delete them. My G-tab is UNROOTED, by the way.

CORRECTION: I just noticed that in the upper right hand corner of the photos page, the settings button sends you to a page where you can click on the "Home Portlets" tab, and pick what photos you want to be set into the three "portlets" on the original TapNTap Home Screen. (A "portlet" is what Viewsonic calls each of the three information windows on the home screen.) You then also have to drag the "photos" icon into each portlet to get the photo to show up in them.

However, this is no help, really, since this does not make the photo a WALLPAPER. Instead, it just COMPLETELY REPLACES what was in the individual portlet window. And there is still NO WAY that I can see to change the photo on the classic Android Home Screen, either. (You can only long press and use stock screens that come pre-loaded on the Android side.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.