Wallpapers and Themes for the S7 tablet or universal themes

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Hey guys does anyone know any place where wallpapers for 7 inch tablets or themes can be downloaded from?

I have such a hard time trying to switch wallpapers on my S7 tablet due to the size, so i'm looking for 7 inch tablet wallpapers... what resolution do i need to search for?

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
I know the actual screen size is 800 x 480 but I don't think that's the wallpaper size. The wall paper is spread out onto all the different available screens you can see. I'm kind of curious about this myself. I tried using mabilo from the app market but it does not use the whole pic. Top and bottom is cut off plus some of the sides.

Ives

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Yeah thats the problem i'm running into and looks ugly. I don't mind the left and the right because that always gets cut off, but you can select which part of the pic you want using the set wallpaper feature and how it lets you crop it before you apply the wallpaper, the problem is the bottom and top always gets cut off.

If anyone knows of any sites that have tablet wallpapers or apps, please link i can't find any.

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
ok, try these two apps. installs wallpapers through the app itself without using the s7 interface.

1. Mob Decor Wallpapers

2. Coveroid

both have tons of wallpapers and I tried several pics from both apps and they fit the S7 just fine.

Ives

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
You should be able to use any wallpaper designed for 480x800 screen.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
I tried using a wallpaper pic that was 800 x 480 but when i opened it under wallapers gallery it gave a crop window that was much smaller than the actual pic. I read that the crop window on other devices can de enlarged by using pinch to zoom. Since the s7 has no capacative screen ( yet :) ) there is no pinch option and i couldn't find a way to make the crop window bigger. I'd love to use my own pics for wallpaper but havn't figured it out yet.

So is it 480 x 800 or 800 x 480, that might be my problem.

Ives

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Has nothing to do with pinch zoom bc u can use the edges to resize it... on the Droid phones its the same thing you can pinch zoom or you can use the edges to enlarge the pic.. even on the phone you can't enlarge it to its max bc of the size of the screen. I have a Droid X and it's the same and I also had a Droid 1 and that was the same as well ... as well as my wifes droid 2.. so it's not our tablets or software or lack of pinch zoom...

I don't think we are ever going to get pinch zoom bc of the type of touch screen it is, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

plinkykev

Mar 1, 2011
The wallpaper on the Huawei s7 tablet needs to be created at 1024 wide x 480 high, so that is will fit correctly, and "span" the scrolling homepage. Pretty crap really, as you then need to make sure that the main subject area is on the left hand side - choose your favourite kids for that side :)

Better option would be to have a "fixed" image and the icons scroll, or selectable images, based on the menu you are in.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
This is from wiki.archosfans.com as it relates to the 5IT, which has an 800X480 screen, which I think is the same as the S7 (?)

The image file you want to use as a wallpaper on the Archos 5 Android must be 1200x800. BUT the viewable portion of the image you are using must be 1200px by 432px positioned within the larger 1200x800 wallpaper file. The viewable image should start on pixel 186 from the top, where the top pixel is pixel 1, and end on pixel 617. Screen 1 displays from left to right pixels: 1-800, Screen 2: 201-1000 and Screen 3: 401-1200.

It may not directly relate to S7 but it gives some idea how the image file is used.

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
I found some decent wallpapers at Interfacelift.com and used the version of Gallery from the apps and games subforum (page 2 I think) and got some pretty decent results.

Sent from my Optimus V using Android Tablet Forum App