Watching video thru USB port ?

joe.cigueno

Jul 9, 2011
I am thinking about getting an Acer Iconia, one reason being it has the USB capability. I keep all my music and video on an external HD that I connect thru the USB to whatever computer I'm using. Sometimes when I travel I bring a video on a thumb drive and watch it thru the USB.

Will I be able to watch movies or hear music on the tablet if the files are stored on the the external HD or a flash thumb? I can do this no problem on any of my other PCs, but I don't know if data passes too slowly thru the tablet's USB to allow this. I would rather not move the music onto the tablets internal storage...

KiwiNessie

May 9, 2011
I haven't tested if the tablets will now read NTFS drives after the 3.1 update. My tablet definitely reads and plays movies from the 500gb portable hard drive that I formatted in FAT32.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
The drive needs to be formatted as FAT32. NTFS won't work on the Iconia running HC 3.1.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Get "Drive Mount" from Market if you are rooted. It allows you to mountt NTFS and I can confirm that it works.

masza500

Jun 4, 2011
You don't worry... after update mines to 3.1 but no root yet...I can play movie .mkv and. Avi directly from pendrive. Can use player or just run from file hd