WaterGuard Plus Waterproof Case for NOOK color

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I'm wondering about that as well,. Going to check there return policy....I'd love to take my nook to the beach since I live by the beach. It looks funny though...

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Just an FYI... Two days after buying my NC, my 5 year old spilled a glass of water directly on it. It was standing on the screen. My wife found it and dried it off. They brought it to me and she confessed through her tears what she'd done. We all assumed it was fried. I pushed the button and it came on as normal. The NC is tougher than people think. And yes, I still let my girl play with the NC.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
My 9-year-old did almost the same thing with her Asus netbook. Now a few keys are REALLY sticky (inside, I mean), but otherwise it's dried out!

-Matt

jaythedogg

Jan 24, 2011
My 9-year-old did almost the same thing with her Asus netbook. Now a few keys are REALLY sticky (inside, I mean), but otherwise it's dried out!

-Matt

I know the feeling. :p

My 3 year old, when he was just turning three, escaped my sight, peed IN my computer keyboard whilst standing on my computer desk. :p

Then there has been soda spills, (mostly my fault) milk, juice, etc. All in my keyboards. I pluralize that because I went through so many that I stopped buying keyboards new & stock up on the used ones from GoodWill cheap.

My suggestion? For her netbook, take a picture of the keyboard so you remember the exact layout of the keys, then one by one with a butter knife, gently pop each on off.

Then grab a bottle of rubbing alcohol & cotton swabs & start cleaning EVERYTHING in the keyboard tray & along the sensor rubber.

That or buy her a USB keyboard to plug in. :p

Oh yea & have the netbook off until you are done. :)

Then soak the keys (1 layer at a time) in rubbing alcohol for a few minutes & shake them off & rub them with a rag to remove residues.

Not trying to derail the thread, just been there, done that, got some tips. :p

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
lol i remeber a friend of mine's kid was playing with the PC, and pretended the pc had a mouth - yes he opened the DVD drive and fed it oatmeal

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I know the feeling. :p

My 3 year old, when he was just turning three, escaped my sight, peed IN my computer keyboard whilst standing on my computer desk. :p

Then there has been soda spills, (mostly my fault) milk, juice, etc. All in my keyboards. I pluralize that because I went through so many that I stopped buying keyboards new & stock up on the used ones from GoodWill cheap.

My suggestion? For her netbook, take a picture of the keyboard so you remember the exact layout of the keys, then one by one with a butter knife, gently pop each on off.

Then grab a bottle of rubbing alcohol & cotton swabs & start cleaning EVERYTHING in the keyboard tray & along the sensor rubber.

That or buy her a USB keyboard to plug in. :p

Oh yea & have the netbook off until you are done. :)

Then soak the keys (1 layer at a time) in rubbing alcohol for a few minutes & shake them off & rub them with a rag to remove residues.

Not trying to derail the thread, just been there, done that, got some tips. :p
AWESOME! Thanks for the cleaning instructions. But you're joking about the pee, right???

-Matt