WD My Passport 1 TB connected to A500

StFuz

Jul 8, 2011
New to the tablet world. I bought a WB My Passport 1 TB to hold all my music. I downloaded my songs to the Passport with no problems. Computer sees the Passport. Disconnected it and plugged it into my A500. Using ASTRO and the usb_storage tab states there are no files. When I plug a Scan Disc thumb drive 8g into the usb port, ASTRO usb_storage sees the thumb drive. What have I done wrong or what do I need to do the make it so my tablet "sees" the Passport. If there is a topic in the forum regarding this please push me that way. I might be searching wrong. Thanks

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
Your error is in thinking the tab is featured with connectivity options like a pc/mac.

Your ext disc is looking for a drive spin command that it wont get from the A500.
Sorry. Tabs have their uses but they have limitations too.

StFuz

Jul 8, 2011
So why does it recognize my 8gb thumb drive? I can watch movies that are stored on the thumb drive and look at documents that are on it and when I am done I just unplug the thumb drive and go about my merry way. Thanks for the quick response.

theallspark

Jun 5, 2011
StFuz,

A500 as I've known it, only supports FAT32 formats as of now, so your usb flash disks/thumb drives can be read by the A500. And from what I've read here in the forums, 3.1 HC update still doesn't support NTFS formats, and still has A LOT of major bugs. I haven't updated mine to 3.1 yet. the 1.141 build still suits me better.