Welcome to the T410 Forum

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
With the announcement of the new T410 from Velocity, we wanted to welcome everyone to the newest section to Android Tablets!

Anyone looking at picking this new gingerbread tablet up?

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
No T408 forum? I have one on order so I will be doing a full review a couple of weeks after I get it. Hopefully, I will have it this weekend.

mayhem41

Dec 20, 2011
Just ot the t408 as an early christmas present. So far really good for what it is. Still working on etting the market but do have it rooted using gingerbreak v1.1.the ownfall s having a tablet with software that thinks its a phone.

indocus

Dec 22, 2011
Ive got a T410 and have had little luck finding a root and market fix
if any one who has a working root and market
please post links or directions
thanks

mayhem41

Dec 20, 2011
If you use gingerbreak rooting is easily accomplished. Search google there is a video with easy step by step instructons. I am working on a market fix but have had no luck yet. I am stuck atm. Didnt bring my usb cord and dropbox is not working correctly so it is on pause

indocus

Dec 22, 2011
i saw on a different forum some one had a rom of sorts it did everything but root i didnt bother because you need to be rooted for it to apply the market fix
if i find the link ill post it

mayhem41

Dec 20, 2011
yes please post. that is a lot of work to do. i do officially have market and gapps working my 408. 410 should be exactly the same ill post links and instructions later this evening.

wishpony

Dec 26, 2011
I received a T410 and I am trying to first update the firmware and connecting to my netbook with Windows 7 and have tried with a laptop with Windows XP and it says that it does not have S5P OTG-USB doesn't have a driver in either. I also cannot play my facebook games on the tablet and it won't allow me to get to the games. If I can get to the game, it will not load it up and cannot play it all. Can someone please help me on this? I have sent a ticket to their support and have gotten no reply and if it is not going to be able to do these things then it is not going to be usable for me as I wanted something that would be easier to take to travel with and easier to use since I have health issues with my hands.

Last edited:

Rajiim

Dec 8, 2011
Ive got a T410 and have had little luck finding a root and market fix
if any one who has a working root and market
please post links or directions
thanks

[Rooting Instructions]
THE DOWNLOAD LINK IS LIVE
First thing we need is an app called Gingerbreak. Download the file from here:

Download
Next copy the file to your SD card or your T408's Internal Flash Drive. Follow the video
instructions.

[MARKET INSTRUCTIONS]
THESE LINKS ARE ACTIVE AND YOU CAN DO THIS ON YOUR TABLET!!!
IMPORTANT....YOU MUST INSTALL IN THIS ORDER AND DON'T OPEN YET!!!
1. OneTimeInitializer.apk
2. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
3. SetupWizard.apk
4. Gmail.apk
5. Talk.apk
6. Vending.apk
NOW YOU REBOOT YOUR CRUZ T408 TABLET!
Your Tablet Now Has Access To Version 1.82 Of Google Market. I am currently working with others
trying to figure out how to get the latest Google Market onto our beloved Cruz Tablets.

Enjoy your New Found Freedom!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

drnickmd

Jan 15, 2012
For everyone who needs to do a hard reset without out the option of going to the menu settings.
(In my case splash screen in a rebooting loop)
  1. Cruz tablet T410 does not have a reset button but you are able to master reset device via hardware with these simple steps which are very similar to most android phones. This is helpful if the customer loses access to their device.
  • Power device off.
  • Press and hold down Up Volume and Power Key for 10 seconds and release after seeing the Cruz logo.
  • You will then be brought to the Recovery System screen with a Android robot and an alert triangle on the background
  • Press the Up Volume Key and the Power Key at the same time once (don’t hold them down) then the recovery selections will show up.
  • With the Volume keys scroll and select Wipe data/Factory Reset and make your selection with the Power key
  • With the Volume Keys scroll and select Yes to confirm the action and make your selection with the Power Key
  • Select Reboot system now.
That’s it, the device will return to factory settings. Hopefully this saves you the time I wasted trying to figure out manual hard reset. :)

klmaish

Feb 23, 2013
I have been trying for weeks to get market on my T410. The above instructions work if you like an old copy of market. I saw a video that went one step further to get Market 3.4.4 but it was dicey. You first find the APK, root your T410, then copy the APK to the system directory and change it's permissions. I got stuck there....my Gingerbreak 1.1 seemed to do a root as I could see the system directory but I couldn't save a file nor did I have a superuser app nor could I change any permissions. I think I'll try Gingerbreak 1.2 next.