Well talked to a china seller. Better than>HeroTab MID816 with back aluminium back

quantumfusion

Dec 22, 2010
Apparently the seller does not speak english .

304492018_778.jpg

307727269_881.jpg

If you guys need translation let me know.

Buy it here:
Wholesale Specials,8"inch tablet pc,Samsung S5PV210 ARM CortexTM A8 Android 2.2 OS

MORE:
Cortex-A8?????PV210????? - ?????? ????????????????????,??,????????,????,?????,??iPad
????????PV210?????????2? - ?????? ????????????????????,??,????????,????,?????,??iPad

Same specs , but awesome exterior.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-than-herotab-mid816-back-aluminium-back.html

it looks beautiful though

Last edited by a moderator:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Supposedly the internals will be pretty much identical to the plastic one.

Best to wait for a newer batch come January or so.

Here's a live spyshot from I saw from padbbs (well it says do not copy, but...):
DaTpc.jpg

2izHS.jpg

5KgSu.jpg

quantumfusion

Dec 22, 2010
People . do not buy the aluminium backed version produced in December. It is said to have some wifi antenna issue.

Wait for the ones manufactured in janurary

pjku79

Dec 29, 2010
what are they going to do with the ones with issues? repair? how do we know we are going to get a fixed one? did the seller tell you about the issue?

I am going on a trip to EU next week, but I will be looking hard when I return.

quantumfusion

Dec 22, 2010
hehe , i didnt buy the metal series.

i bought the "rubber" material series or aka herotab MID816 for 220USD .

Jhawk

Jan 2, 2011
Just ordered this tablet...any known issues? Also I noticed it does not come with android marketplace. I was using Slideme on my cruz (that I took back) but I would love the android market any suggestions.

quantumfusion

Dec 22, 2010
Just ordered this tablet...any known issues? Also I noticed it does not come with android marketplace. I was using Slideme on my cruz (that I took back) but I would love the android market any suggestions.

i haven got mine yet . supplier said it is out of stock until 4th of janurary T_T

jhawk u ordered urs from the link ?

Yeah , they said the aluminium one have weaker wifi signal due to antenna problem. but still usable.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
From my reading...

Known issues include video playback, speakers keep playing with headphone plugged in, and screen orientation. Most of what I've seen is positive otherwise. Plastic casing is a fingerprint magnet.

quantumfusion

Dec 22, 2010
From my reading...

Known issues include video playback, speakers keep playing with headphone plugged in, and screen orientation. Most of what I've seen is positive otherwise. Plastic casing is a fingerprint magnet.

hmm you are referring to the metal version ?

quantumfusion

Dec 22, 2010
there is a new firmware 0106 which puts in gapps including market . please make sure urs got the latest firmware.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Translating the changelog from PadBBS

1) added USB 3G dongle support, Huawei and ZTE models. Poster tested e1750.
2) added support for USB RJ45. Some sort of Realtek chipset supported.
3) Home screen now rotates in all 4 directions
4) added soft volume keys, back keys in notification bar
5) improved Adobe Flash video performance in Youku
6) plugging in headphones now properly mutes the external speaker
7) longpressing the Menu button now allows screen calibration
8) improved 3D video performance. Neocore increased from 58fps to 68fps.

orgulio

Dec 13, 2010
there is a new firmware 0106 which puts in gapps including market . please make sure urs got the latest firmware.

Is there a place on the web I can find the link for the firm ware update? I have the rubberized case style which I really like, I just need the android market. So If I can get the update and run it, mine will be everything I have been wanting it to be.

Thanks for the help.