What Android Tablet can I buy that has real true GPS.

thenewguy

Nov 14, 2013
Ok guys this is what i am looking for. I have a truck that I am building and the speedometer does not work so I am wanting to do a custom dash with a 7-10" tablet install in the dash for my music and use the Ulysse Speedometer app for my speedometer. I have a Asus Memo Pad and the app works but it can't find a GPS satellite. My milestone X will work but it is too small. To add my phone has no service on it and it still works. Is there anyone out there that has any tablet and would add the Ulysse Speedometer app and see if it will register while driving. Not really interested in the GPS or maps themselves they would just be a added bonus. All I need is the speedometer to work and without real GPS chip or whatever it wont. Any help would be appreciated.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I'm using the free version of this app right now works just fine on my Lenovo a2109 tablet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You shouldn't be having a problem finding sats if your MeMo can see them. Can it find them if you are out in the open? Install GPSFix if it seems that you can't.

thenewguy

Nov 14, 2013
HOW MUCH IS THE lENOVO i WAS JUST WANTING A CHEAP TABLET FOR THE INSTALL CAUSE i CAN BUY THE ADAPTER FOR MY TRUCK FOR $350 JUST THOUGHT THE TABLET WOULD BE A COOL IDEA. The GPS fix apps all say it needs to be rooted and they only work on Samsung? Sorry the capslock was on and I can't type fast so I didn't want to redo it lol

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
HOW MUCH IS THE lENOVO i WAS JUST WANTING A CHEAP TABLET FOR THE INSTALL CAUSE i CAN BUY THE ADAPTER FOR MY TRUCK FOR $350 JUST THOUGHT THE TABLET WOULD BE A COOL IDEA. The GPS fix apps all say it needs to be rooted and they only work on Samsung? Sorry the capslock was on and I can't type fast so I didn't want to redo it lol

You might want to look on ebay and buy a used Lenovo a2109.