What can android do that the Ipad can't

MaxTO

Sep 25, 2011
I am new to the andriod world and so far a I am really enjoying what I see.Even though I am new to the android world, I am no stranger to the world of tablets, I also have an Ipad.I was wondering, what are some things that android can do that the ipad can't? Two things that I have noticed right off is, flash and torrent download apps, very cool! What are some other things that an old Ipad os user can look forward to with andriod? Thanks for your time

Androidicus

Sep 4, 2011
One of the biggest differences between Android and iOS is complete customization out-of-the-box vs. having to Jailbreak in order to customize and run "non-approved" applications.

Android allows for more flexibility/versatility whereas iOS is very restricted to make sure the user experience is not only uniform, but always functional above all else. This also happens to be the main difference between Apple, and other companies, too.

A lot of Android's expanded functionality also depends on the hardware itself.

Apple makes high quality, dependable products... But they are very limited in what they can do. Android tablets, on the other hand, are also very dependable (high quality), but their main strength lies in having a lot more options with regard to functionality that is not restricted to proprietary add ons, or peripherals.

For example, many Android tablets have expandable memory via MicroSDCards. The iPad has a set amount of memory depending on the version you buy.

Another way Android tablets differ is they often include either full, or mini-USB ports that can be used with standard PC peripherals such as mobile hard drives, keyboards, etc. Some tablets might also include a full, or mini-HDMI port that allows a direct connection to an HDTV whereas the iPad requires a proprietary 40-pin connector for similar functionality.

Basically, with Apple, you are limited to what Apple allows you to do given the proprietary OS and hardware peripherals that are offered. Android is more open because both the OS and peripherals are more universal since many are compatible with PC hardware by default.

By the way, Android is Linux underneath and not Windows ;)

Jun 29, 2011
Widgets for settings, buy music and apps from Amazon, download free music from Tunee Music, upload files from the default browser, change the default browser, transfer data back and forth via bluetooth, change your default keyboard, change your default home screen look, true multi task , change your signature for multiple email accounts, use your own notification tone. I'm sure others have things they can add

Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk

MaxTO

Sep 25, 2011
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I knew about the Linux bit :) I also agree with your points on a jail broke ipad as the only way to truly customize ones i device. Not to mention, the only way to open it up for a less obstructed tablet experience. I can truly say, i have not used my Ipad sence getting my Galaxy Tab 10.1!

revalation

Sep 22, 2011
Im new the the whole Android world aswell but from my short time using my tablet it seems
that the Ipad is more for "fun & games" where android Tabs are more for multi tasking.