What do you expect tablets will cost in 2011?

dancinonwater

Dec 31, 2010
I have been wanting a tablet all year, but i'm not a fan of apple, so i was looking into getting an android tablet. none of the ones i've found satisfied me, so boy am i exited for the 2011 CES!!! i know that noone really knows what will happen, but what are you expecting tablets to be costing in 2011? i would really like to find a nice android tablet (one very similar to the apple ipad in size, design, and quality) for less than you can get an ipad. even if it's only $300 or $400, they would really be setting up the conpettition towards the ipad, as many people would go for that. so first off, do you think that there will be a better ipad-like compettitor shown at CES? and what do you think the price range might be? any other thoughts on prices for android tablets in the year 2011? like, how much do you think you will be able to find a cheap 7 inch one for in a few months? i'll bet youll be able to buy an OK 7 inch tab for about $100, rather than just the cheap "walgreens" one. We only have a week to wait for CES, but i'd still love to hear everyone's thoughts and hopes for android tablets in 2011!

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Manufactures have to know that to truly "kill" the iPad (which won't happen anyways...) you have to have a product that is just as good (over-all better) and a lower price. Selling tablets for $500 - $600, is completely missing the point. If manufactures truly want to enter the tablet market the price range should be $200 - $300. With a few tablets up to around the $400 range. Anything over that... isn't going to appeal to the average consumer.... not right now.

dancinonwater

Dec 31, 2010
thanks for your post! i would really like to see tablets going for around that price that are a bit better made than the ones on sale this year. i have ADHD, so i am very disorganized and i think a tablet would really be helpful to me, so i am very exited for CES, so i will have a better choice on better quality android tablets! well, we will have to see in a week. i think that around $300 is a good price, and i know that android could become much more popular if they could really have a promising alternative to the ipad! thanks again for your helpful reply!

dancinonwater

Dec 31, 2010
i was just researching tablets and i finally found a nearly exact replica of the ipad, but running android 2.2 and for around $250-$300! has anyone seen this? i'm still going to wait it out and see what happens at CES, but that does seem like a fairly good choice.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
dancinonwater there are some clones out there that look similar and act similar to the iPad. Although most of those (as you said run Android 2.2) will run flash, which is nice. Although i've heard some of these devices are being held up in customs right now... it's kind of a hit or miss.

ecargoonline

Dec 16, 2010
i was just researching tablets and i finally found a nearly exact replica of the ipad, but running android 2.2 and for around $250-$300! has anyone seen this? i'm still going to wait it out and see what happens at CES, but that does seem like a fairly good choice.
hello, i thought you may interested in Cortex A8, it's a 8" with android 2.2 OS, and support flash 10.1.
here's th link, you can take the time to have a look: Android 2.2 OS 512 RAM with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Processor Tablet PC M8003
and for what feverhost said, the custom problem, you can rest assured about this, coz most of our customers(who use DHL and UPS) have received their package within 3 days and got no problems. and you can also receive the device within 7 working days via EMS, and that's cheaper.

limulus

Jan 4, 2011
I'm new to the tablet scene and I'm interested in anything that is not Apple. I'm very tempted to buy the M8003 from ecargo. I've looked around a bit and can't find anything with these specs at a better price. Is it worth waiting for the outcome at ces? I can't imagine anything being available until late Q1 or Q2 and the pricing is surely going to be higher than this M8003. I think in order to really compete with the fruit, you have to stay under $400 and less than $300 would be way better.

ecargoonline

Dec 16, 2010
I'm new to the tablet scene and I'm interested in anything that is not Apple. I'm very tempted to buy the M8003 from ecargo. I've looked around a bit and can't find anything with these specs at a better price. Is it worth waiting for the outcome at ces? I can't imagine anything being available until late Q1 or Q2 and the pricing is surely going to be higher than this M8003. I think in order to really compete with the fruit, you have to stay under $400 and less than $300 would be way better.
hi limulus,
The M8003 is the best seller in our store, you can rest assured to place your order in our site. Welcome!

dancinonwater

Dec 31, 2010
the tablet i have been looking at i believe is made by the same company that makes the tablet you mentioned, but it has a 9.7 inch screen. 8 inch is just to small for me. Well, CES is tomorrow, and you never know, your perfect tablet could be launched there! i probobly wont get a tablet until march, so i can wait.