What Is Android?

hacktik2663

Mar 31, 2013
A operating system for mobile devices.

Unless you mean the other form of android which is a robot or synthetic organism designed to look and act like a human.

Last edited by a moderator:

Happiness

Oct 8, 2013
Android is a Linux-based operating system designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers. Initially developed by Android, Inc., which Google backed financially and later bought in 2005 Android was unveiled in 2007 along with the founding of the Open Handset Alliance: a consortium of hardware, software, and telecommunication companies devoted to advancing open standards for mobile devices.[SUP][13][/SUP] The first Android-powered phone was sold in October 2008.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
The first tablet-only Android update was Android 3.0 (Honeycomb), released on February 22, 2011. The first device featuring this version was the Motorola Xoom tablet, released on February 24, 2011.

benroveno

Mar 28, 2014
Motorola hadn't been bought by Google, right? or Google already did that? I don't remember, but i think this tablet is probably one of the best Android tablet back then. But it was not too popular compared to iPad.

Sigord

Aug 8, 2015
That is one reason why a bought a refurbished Asus Google Nexus after putting up with all sorts of Windows from the very first 3.1. Though I do not think touch screens with multiple popup Keyboards will ever replace the mouse for serious typing.

KurtWood

Jul 29, 2015
Google it and read all about "What is Android" then buy and Android phone so you can really know what is Android.

martin smith

Dec 19, 2016
Android is an operating system, it is user friendly OS, any user can use this Android OS, it is used for mobiles, tablets..etc