Where are all the quad core tablets at?

ANGUS4277

Jan 23, 2012
Ever since the summer of 2011 Nvidia has been leaking rumors of their Tegra 3 quad core chip hitting tables and mobile phones. At CES 2012 the news sites were stating that tablet manufacturers are nervous about making any new tablets because sales are down. I am getting mad at the tablet manufacturers. Of course tablet sales are currently down. What reason does anyone have to purchase a dual core tegra 2 tablet right now when the new quad core tegra 3 tablets are supposed to be right around the corner. Hurry up and bring your quad core tablets to market so us consumers can weight the pros and cons of each of the hardware platforms and choose the one that fits us. I have been waiting to purchase a tablet since October 2011 because "the tegra 3 tablets are coming Soon(tm)." I am waiting for a decent quad core tablet with a full size USB port on the tablet to come out. I would get the Transformer Prime however if I want to use the USB port I have to connect the keyboard dock. I do not like that. I am hoping that HTC, Acer, or Lenovo will come out with a tegra 3 soon that has a full size USB port built in. Then I will jump on it. Perhaps I could even get it to dual boot ICS and Windows 8. I just wish the manufacturers would get off the pot and release the new hardware. I am growing tired of waiting. Is there anyone else in the same boat? :confused:

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The ASUS TF Prime is the only current model available from ASUS. The others manufacturers are/were to be available in January 2012.

Bolsa

Dec 7, 2011
...... I am growing tired of waiting. Is there anyone else in the same boat? :confused:

Asus quadcore may be come out this Feb. and Fujitsu quadcore come out this May, couple quadcore tablet will be introduce by last quater of 2012.

While waiting you can:

- buy a 10" Chinese tablet to play for now then wait for the quadcore come out, buy the quadcore and throw away the Chinese one.
- buy a Amazon Kindle Fire 7" tablet , play with it, till the quadcore come out then buy the quadcore and give the KF to somebody. a lot of people like KF tablet to read e-book.

Last edited:

OddBall

Dec 24, 2011
We have a cool double news story for you guys today. The new high-end Acer Iconia A510 tablet is now available. You can get it directly through Acer or at several online retailers like Amazon for $449.99. In fact, there is a silver version available for pre-order on Amazon, or if you just wanted the black one you can order it immediately. Here's a quick recap of other relevant features:

• 10.1-inch tablet 1,280x800 display
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 1.3GHz quad-core Tegra 3 CPU
  • 32GB of storage
  • 5MP Rear Camera and 1.3MP Front Camera
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box
  • 9,800mAh battery for 12 hours of continuous video playback

The second bit of news should make owners of the OG A500 or the A100 happy. Both of these tablets will soon get Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich. The update should commence on or around April 27th. Woohoo!

Don't forget to check out our dedicated sister-site @ Acer Android Tablet Forum.

Pick yours up today at Amazon!

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
ASUS will be shipping the new tf300 on April 22nd as well. It's specs are almost identical to those listed above for the Acer for $399. It will eventually come in 3 colors, but for now it seems that only the blue (red and white are the others) is available. It also comes with 3G/4G and for another $150 you can get the keyboard dock that contains all the standard transformer goodies.